⁰²⁷ slipping through my fingers

❝ you see, there are five stages of grief

❝ you see, there are five stages of grief. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MAEVE DIDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO HOGWARTS THIS YEAR. she didn't want to. she had no reason to. she didn't want to see anyone. she didn't want to see ron, she didn't want to see ginny, she didn't want to see harry, she didn't want to see clover and she did not want to see hermione.

she had gotten a few passing grades in her o.w.l.s; but most of them were failed. she didn't want to go back to school and do her n.e.w.ts— she didn't need them. she didn't want to be an auror, or a healer or anything fancy. she wanted to be a painter, an artist.

she had stayed in her room all summer.
she hadn't come out even when her mother made her mint tea— although she always ended up bringing it up for her instead.

her father had been hospitalised in st mungos straight after the incident in the department of mysteries, and he was still staying in a ward there, slowly on his way to recovery. but he was doing well, and he was fine.

   levi's funeral was three weeks into the summer holidays.

everyone wanted to come and pay their condolences, but the foster family wanted to keep it a somewhat small service, with only family and close friends— as they were still healing too.

maeve's grandfather and aunt attended, along with luna, ron, harry, hermione, fred and george, lee, ginny, neville and the other members of the order of the phoenix.

cakes, speeches, tissues and anecdotes were exchanged— but maeve did not speak once.

even when harry, ron and hermione approached her to pay their condolences and comfort her, they only received a small hum.

at that time, maeve was still in her denial stage.

you see, there are five stages of grief.
one is denial. two is anger.
three is bargaining. four is depression.
and five is acceptance.

she was slowly entering her anger stage when september rolled around. now she had taken a new approach: faux-acceptance. she tried to convince herself and everyone around her that she was fine. she had come out of her room and sat at the table for dinner, and when her parents asked her how she felt, she would always answer with 'i'm fine'.

she was keeping everything bottled up.

some days, when she was lying in her bed at night, her mind would go back to her twin brother. she would remember the little moments they had together when they were younger— and how care-free they were.