⁰⁰⁸ loving machine

❝ you're not bloody funny, you know ! ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"SO, UM. . . ABOUT THAT BALL. . ." hermione began slowly, making maeve's ears prick up immediately, and she stood up straighter.

"hm?" she nodded, pretending not to be very bothered, although her whole body felt like it was malfunctioning, and her stomach was doing backflips in her chest.

". . . i've been asked by someone."

the butterflies stopped, and they turned more like into sad, dying moths. "—you have?" she furrowed her eyebrows, although once she realised that she was, she loosened them. "uh, by who? anyone i know?"

hermione paused before continuing. "um, viktor krum."

maeve's eyes widened, snapping her head around. "the viktor krum? like, as in the legendary bulgarian quidditch player, viktor krum?"

she nodded, cheeks going slightly pink in embarrassment. "yes, him."

regaining composure, the blonde nodded. "okay. . . well, what did you say? that must've been why he's been hanging around you in the library. . ."

"i said yes."

". . . oh?" the freckled girl nodded half-heartedly. "y-you did?"

hermione hummed, nodding aswell. "yeah."

"that's great, then." maeve told her, smiling unenthusiastically. "i'm happy for you. you'll have a great time, right?"

"right." the gryffindor nodded, although she felt like she was lying to herself when she agreed. "and you?"

"no one at the moment." she shrugged.

"there's still plenty of time." hermione said, although she felt relieved, and relaxed her breathing a little. "can you please not tell the boys? i'd rather they just find out on the day. i wouldn't hear the end of it."

"sure, whatever you want." maeve nodded reluctantly, sighing and continuing to move across the courtyard as they handed out their s.p.e.w badges.

fuck.

"hurry up, harry! she's right there!" ron encouraged from the other side of the courtyard. "you heard what fred said— get a move on, or all the good ones will be gone!"

"alright— alright!" harry huffed. "i'm going."

"and you, ron." levi pointed out. "you still haven't got a date."

"neither do you!" the red-head rolled his eyes.

"who said i don't?" levi shrugged smugly.

ron did a double-take, scoffing. "don't have a laugh. who?"