025

in the kenobi residence...

She had kissed people before—she was Avery, for God's sake—but she had never done it quite like this

Of all the words that could be used to describe her, she wouldn't consider slow among the mix, and certainly not gentle. As she kissed him now, however, she knew that he deserved nothing less than compassion, and she promised herself she'd be vulnerable, damnit, so she made sure that every press of her lips was as genuine as possible.

Still, she didn't intend to make out with him, and she seriously doubted that Luke had ever made it to the stages of heavy petting, so she willed herself to pull away.

Looking up at him, she noted how wide his eyes were, the blue she loved so dearly almost entirely consumed by the dilation of his pupils.

"That was..." he breathed out, a light blush shading his cheeks, "Good. That was good."

"Well, I'd feel really insulted if you thought otherwise," she told him, though she smiled as she said it.

"Can we do it again?" he asked sheepishly.

Rolling her eyes, she leaned forward once more, capturing his lips. Again, she refrained from going very far, and pulled away before things could escalate.

"Wow, okay," he whispered, "One more time?"

"Luke."

"I just need to be sure!" he protested vaguely.

"Sure of what?"

"That it's like... not a fluke?"

"A fluke? Are you—Luke, are you serious?"

"No offense, but you're a little impulsive sometimes," he explained in a small voice, "I don't know, maybe you were just—"

Scowling, she grabbed his face in her hands and kissed him again, this time more passionately than before.

"Wow," he repeated that word again, "Is that how you'll react when I irritate you from now on?"

"Absolutely not. Don't make a habit of it. I'll throw another paperweight at you."

"That worked so well for you last time, didn't it?"

"What, you want me to try again?"

He answered with a bright laugh as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, brushing her cheekbone with his fingertips as he did so. Surprised by the innocence of the gesture, she, much to her dismay, felt her cheeks heat up.

"You're blushing," he pointed out, smiling sweetly at her as he continued to stroke her hair.

"It's the heat."

"Right."

"Seriously. It's literally over a hundred degrees right now."

"You seemed to be adapting well before."