001

out of the wormhole and
on the other side of space

Luke Skywalker woke up somewhere that was very much not Tatooine

Luke Skywalker woke up somewhere that was very much not Tatooine. He rubbed his eyes and felt the ground around him, which was very much not sand. He hoped that this meant his plan had worked. All he had to do now was find out where he was, contact Artoo through his comlink, locate the crystals, and—

"You finally awake?"

He fully opened his eyes, and was able to make out the silhouette of a figure standing over him. It was a girl, one who couldn't have been much younger than him, staring at him quizzically. He sat up and found that he was surrounded by a crowd of young people dressed in funny clothes.

"What?" was all he could manage to say. The young people laughed at him.

"You were out cold, man. Looks like you got wasted at your costume party," a boy beside of her said.

"I wasn't— you know what, forget it. Where am I now?" Luke asked.

"You're on our bridge, and you should probably think about leaving. We always come here after practice, everyone knows that. Not really fair if we don't get a chance to relax just because some stoned creep—"

"Ian!" a different girl snapped, cutting the boy off. "I really don't think he knew. He's obviously not from here."

"Fine, but you better go home now. Come on, up you get," he grabbed Luke's arm, tugging him upwards and forcing him to his feet.

He nearly fell over, but was able to brace himself on the railing of the bridge. He looked down below him and saw what he thought was a river.

"I'll leave, but first I hope you will answer one question for me. What planet is this?" he asked seriously.

Nobody said anything. The boy, Ian, burst out into a fit of laughter. Luke did not appreciate this.

"What? It's just a question," he frowned.

"Shit, you really are baked," the girl who was standing over him before whispered.

Luke thought about what that could mean, and then nodded quickly. He did feel rather exhausted from his travels.

"Yes, I am baked."

The girl grinned and turned to her friends, gesturing to the strange boy who they found unconscious on the bridge.

"I better get him home, guys. I don't feel right sending him on by himself like this," she told them.

"Doesn't seem safe, Avery. I don't like the idea of you disappearing into the night with some weird dude who can barely stand up straight," the supposed Ian said.

"Wouldn't be the first time she's done that," someone else in the group yelled. The girl glared at him.

"Screw you guys. I'm trying to do the right thing. I'll see you Monday," she hissed, grabbing Luke's wrist and pulling him behind her as she stormed off the bridge.  They walked until Luke could no longer see the scrutinizing gazes of the people in the crowd behind them. She finally stopped when they reached what he could only guess was town.