031

on the sail barge...

Considering the magnitude of the spectacle that was about to unfold, she had little trouble avoiding the prying eyes of the drunkards as she slipped away from the bar once more

Considering the magnitude of the spectacle that was about to unfold, she had little trouble avoiding the prying eyes of the drunkards as she slipped away from the bar once more. She had crept her way up the railing, a bottle of alcohol in hand. Here, she had a decent view of Luke standing on a plank, a grotesque mouth beneath him, open and impatiently awaiting its food. Despite his compromising position, his confidence never faltered. He almost looked proud to be so close to his own death.

"This is your last chance. Free us or die," he shouted.

Jabba laughed, Leia frowned, and Luke gave a little salute in their direction. She felt her lip begin to bleed when he was prodded.

"You're kidding," she whispered, then, a little more loudly, "Hey, wait, Luke—!"

Alas, she was too late. He'd already jumped off of the plank, grabbing the board and propelling himself upward in a ridiculous stunt. His lightsaber, the very thing they'd gone through months of trouble for, fell into his palm. He visibly relaxed as he ignited it.

Only now could she understand why they'd suffered so much for such a weapon. He wielded it with a sort of grace she'd never seen in her life, slicing through the guards in mere seconds. Behind her, Jabba erupted into a fit of rage, spewing commands at whoever would listen. Luke made haste as he freed Chewie and Han of their restraints.

She could do nothing but watch as Luke battled a bounty hunter below, Han and Lando, she assumed, hollering at each other frantically.

"Men are so rowdy," she muttered, turning away from the scene. Sighing, she gave Leia a tired look. The princess nodded.

She waded her way through the hectic crowd, finally reaching the man in charge. He was furious, tiny hands waving in the air as he made demands, his colossal tongue flicking spit in every direction. Cracking the bottle she'd been carrying over the edge of his throne, his attention was now on her.

"Pierce of shit," she seethed.

She shoved the jagged edges of the bottle into his side, twisting the cylinder until blood began to race down the edges. He cried out in pain, too distracted to realize that Leia had turned her chain around and was about to strangle him with it. Slinging it around his neck, she dove to the other side of the throne, pulling hard enough to cause the creature's eyes to start bulging. He gasped and thrashed, his heavy tail repeatedly thudding against the floor as he struggled. Finally, the movement came to a stop, and Leia let out a relieved sigh. She pulled Avery towards her by her wrist.

"Nice work," she said, turning her arm over to glance at the abundance of bandages. "Does it hurt?"

"Like a bitch," she replied, grinning.

"How do I get out of this thing?"

"Shit, I dunno. Here, let me—"

"Nope, that's just choking me, Avery, that's—"