029

note: a little violent!
in jabba's palace...

note: a little violent!in jabba's palace

"There doesn't seem to be anyone there. Let's go back and tell Master Luke."

Avery scoffed, lazily flicking the droid's shoulder in annoyance.

"Absolutely not. You see the blisters on my feet?"

They'd walked for what seemed like a millennium, and while that might not have phased Artoo or Threepio, she felt like someone had poured hot coals into her shoes. Before the golden droid had time to argue, however, a small hatch on the door flew open, a sinister looking device popping out of it. The spider-like mechanism voiced its irritation in a language Avery couldn't understand, moving its single eye across the three of them.

"Artoo Detoowha bo Averyowha bo Seethreepiowha ey toota odd mischka Jabba du Hutt."

Avery made a face at that, pinching the bridge of her nose between her index finger and her thumb in order to hide her face. The mechanism simply laughed at them, the hatch closing once more.

"I don't think they're going to let us in."

"Don't be a coward," she teased, finally looking up at the door.

She had to crane her neck to truly perceive the entirety of it, the steel towering far above her head. The palace itself reminded her of one of those washed out tourist attractions at a beach that was no longer popular; grand in size, yet seemingly miserable. She had to admit, she was nervous about entering such a place. The loud sound of the door screeching open did nothing to dismantle her concerns.

They were faced with a corridor that appeared infinite, so dark inside that she wasn't quite sure how they were supposed to navigate through it. Artoo seemed perfectly confident in his personal abilities, however, as he rolled through after hardly a moment of hesitation.

"Artoo!" Threepio called out in dismay, not yet brave enough to enter the building.

"We should follow him," she muttered, feeling a little reluctant herself.

The two of them trailed behind the little droid, and she nearly jumped out of her skin when the door slammed shut behind them. She saw a couple of creatures emerge from the shadows, perhaps serving the same purpose as a guard would. Facing forward, she was startled to meet the gaze of a bizarre figure, two tentacles hanging from his hairless head. His eyes were the color of rust, dangerously sharp teeth peeking out from behind thin, puce lips. He had to be the very definition of sinister.

"Die Wanna Wanga," he seethed, glaring at them.

Threepio explained their purpose in a panic, claiming that they'd brought a gift for the man's master. He only shook his head dismissively in response, offering a hand to Artoo.

The little droid moved away from him, and Threepio apologetically claimed that he refused to deliver the message to anyone other than Jabba himself.