030

in jabba's palace...

((some ppl said they weren't pinged for the last chapter so if that's u go read!! <3))

She had washed dishes the first time she ran away from her dad. Ian had agreed to let her live in his garage for a month, but her relationship with him was one of constant bickering and lying, so she quickly sought a job. After endless applications, she was at last hired by a local burger joint near the boy's house.

It had been terrible.

She was told she was too prickly for waitressing, too rough around the edges to be able to actually engage with the customers, so she was shoved into the back and dubbed a dishwasher. She wouldn't have minded as much if there had at least been a single ounce of sunlight back there. If she had been hateful when she got there, then working eight hour shifts in a room void of windows did nothing to improve her mood.

With that being said, she now cursed her past self for being so ungrateful. It hardly compared to the work she was doing behind the heinous Jabba's bar. The beautiful alien woman she had been silently communicating with across the room had been executed in front of her only moments ago. Had she not been zoning out from the immense pain she was in, she might've shed a tear for the poor girl. The bartending droid yelled at her for getting distracted, and she desperately tried to get lost in in her own head again. For the first time in her life, she was missing the act of scrubbing away ketchup and grease from ceramic plates.

That's why, upon hearing a gunshot and the deafening howl of a Wookiee, she let out a sigh of relief. Finally, Leia and Chewbacca had infiltrated the palace. She wasn't alone anymore.

She smiled a little when the two of them stepped into her line of vision. Leia wasn't the least bit recognizable, a strange cloak hanging from her shoulders, along with a thick helmet shielding her face from all spectators. On top of that, she spoke in a foreign language, a voice modulator preventing the femininity in her tone from being identified by the monstrous creature before her. Chewbacca, for his part, hardly had to do anything other than yell—something he was quite skilled at, no doubt.

"The illustrious Jabba bids you welcome and will gladly pay you the reward of twenty-five thousand," Threepio translated anxiously, looking between Chewbacca and his captor.

Leia mumbled something in response, likely a refusal, and Jabba swung an arm at the droid beside of him, sending him flying from the throne.

"Uh, the mighty Jabba asks why he must pay fifty thousand," he said, attempting to regain his composure.

Damn, Leia, she thought to herself, I see you've taken some financial liberties with my script. Truth be told, she was entertained by the other woman's creative choices, as well as undeniably impressed. As long as some of that money would go towards buying her a decent pair of shoes, that is. Leia said something else, sending Threepio into a panic.