032

boarding the falcon...

She nodded then, their separation awkward, and headed towards the ramp

She nodded then, their separation awkward, and headed towards the ramp. Leia awaited her, placing a comforting hand on the small of her back and guiding her onto the ship. How she'd ever mistaken this woman as anything other loving, she was unsure. When they boarded, Han sat in the pilot's seat, Chewie next to him, and the princess scoffed.

"I've missed my girl," he admitted, fingers gliding over the Falcon's controls.

"You can't see," Leia argued.

"I can now! Look, I'll even let you examine me."

"If you can see so well, then you'll help Chewie out. He's wounded."

"He's okay, I think."

Chewbacca nodded in agreement, though his stiff movements indicated that he was in pain, and let out a howl.

"See? Perfectly fine."

"Avery's not fine. You can help her, then. Have the medical droid on board assess her wounds. Lando and I will fly the Falcon back to base."

"It'll be alright, old pal. Leia's a capable pilot," Lando offered, slapping Han on the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah," the other man grumbled, "Just don't get too comfortable, Calrissian. You're not taking this sweet girl back to Bespin."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

"Right, okay then. Chewie, come with me. You too, kid."

She sighed, following Han through the ship. They stopped in an area she wasn't familiar with, a silver droid standing idly in the corner.

"Chewie, you get the droid for now. I'm gonna use some bacta spray on her and redress her bandages."

"What's that?" she asked nervously, Chewie hobbling over to a cot as the droid examined him.

Han only raised an eyebrow at her, grabbing a can from a storage bin.

"Sure you didn't also get hit in the head?" he snorted, undoing the dirty bandages on her arms.

"Heads up, buddy: I'm not from your galaxy. I can't even read your alphabet. We don't have any of this shit where I live."

He only paused briefly before nodding and tossing the trashed gauze onto the floor, shaking the can in his hand.

"Might sting for a sec," he murmured before spraying down her arms. She hissed, but the pain subsided rather quickly.

"You're not surprised, then?" she asked, rubbing the ointment into her skin.

"Luke is always doing weird shit. Wouldn't shock me any if he really had been galaxy hoppin' while I was wall art."

She hummed as he tended to the remainder of her wounds, those on her neck being the most painful to have messed with.