𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

CHAPTER THREE

the curious case of sirius black's home life

BETTY WAS rudely awoken in the middle of the night by a crash downstairs and being the light sleeper she was, she immediately woke up.

She felt her fight or flight senses kicking in because this could finally be the moment that everyone talked about on kidnapper tv shows. So, either down there was a serial killer or a mafia boss that was going to make her fall in love with him through Stockholm Syndrome. 

She quickly grabbed her wand, fully knowing the consequences of using underage magic ( because it's better to have your wand revoked than to be dead, right? ). She grabbed a robe from her closet and threw it on over her sleep set ( because if she was going to die today, she might as well be at a comfortable temperature ) and cautiously descended the stairs.

She heard harsh whispering coming from down the stairs, but continued down anyway. It was too quiet to really make out what the person was saying. And the fact that their voice was deep didn't help either. 

She tip toed down a couple more stairs, trying not to make a sound, but then she suddenly recognized the voice. James bloody Potter.

"What the fuck is going on down here?" she hissed as she trudged her way down the last couple of steps, but stopped when she saw a battered and bruised Sirius Black.

He seemed to be in a weird trance and was just staring into the void as he sat on the couch, James Potter talking to him in a whisper as he crouched in front of him. He looked up desperately at the sound of someone else, but his face immedaitely fell when he saw who it was.

"Sirius- is he-" Betty asked, wide eyed as she stared at him.

"Get Remus," James instructed.

Betty nodded and ran up the stairs to his bedroom door. She burst through and shook him awake.

"Remus wake up!" she hissed.

He groaned and grumbled awake, blinking his eyes open. He took a moment of focus on who's in front of him as him eyes were bleary, but eventually saw Betty.

"What?" he groaned. "It's the middle of the night."

"Someone's here," she hissed.