𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

angel wings

"LILY, MY ANGEL, why won't you come to Hogsmeade with me?" James asked, standing atop the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. He was grinning down — like a tiger — at the annoyed ( and hormonal ) red head. "Just one chance."

"Bugger off, Potter," Amos shouted at him as he put an arm over Lily's shoulders. Betty knew why he was being extra protective, but it was still sweet to watch. They both glared at him with practically the same facial expression, looking like a couple on television. James, however, was not deterred in the slightest.

"Him?" James scoffed as he gestured to Amos. "The Hufflepuff? Get with a real man, Evans — someone who will know how to treat you well — "

" — someone like you?" she growled as she stood up, her face growing as red as her hair. "Someone who constantly ignores my needs for his own fantasy? Someone who idolizes me to the point where I can't even live my own life?"

"Evans," he tried to reason as he crouched on the table to get to her level. He smirked as he faced her head on — their noses not too far away from each other. "Does he make you feel as good as I could."

"Get the fuck away from me," she scoffed as she shoved her palm in his face. "You're disgusting."

"But I'm right!" he cheered victoriously.

"James, get down," Remus called up to him as he pulled on the end of James's trousers.

"And you're wrong," Lily countered as she glared into his eyes with fire that could only be stoked in the fiery pits of hell. Amos, however, sipped his English Breakfast tea as he watched the love of his life take on one of the most immature boys in the school.

"You're an angel sent from above," James said with a smile as his entire demeanor shifted to become more gentle. "How could I not idolize you? There should be whole religions dedicated to you. People should put up cathedrals and statues in your honor."

"Get down," she said in a deadly tone, her own violent eyes unflinching. "You look ridiculous."

"One chance," James hummed as he held up a finger and looked at her with playful eyes.

Lily's jaw set as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him down from the table and out of the Great Hall. Betty's eyes trailed the Head Boy and Girl as they hastily exited the hall, along with nearly everyone else in there. Slowly, people turned back to their lunches and previous conversations, but still keeping an ear out for the inevitable return of the infamous ( not ) couple.