𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

game, set, match

JAMES POTTER WAS confident that he was going to win the match that afternoon. After all, he now had a new motive as Kellan Forrester was on the opposing team and he hated the Ravenclaw boy about ten times more now. It also helped that ( in James's own words ) he was the best quidditch player to have graced the walls of Hogwarts.

And that's how he found himself decked out in his quidditch uniform and surrounded by his teammates in the Great Hall. Because every good quidditch captain knows that you never play on an empty stomach.

"Marlene McKinnon if you don't eat that piece of toast right now, I'm putting in a first year and I don't care about the consequences," James growled as he thrust more food onto her plate. 

"Merlin," Marlene grumbled. "I forgot you were like this."

"It's been maybe a week since the last game," Dorcas teased as she nudged Marlene in the side. "And wasn't it two days ago that you burst into the common room saying that James had made you practice until midnight? What else did you expect?"

"A little dignity, maybe," Marlene replied as she stuck out her middle finger at James.

"You love me," he said with a smug smile.

"No I don't," she grumbled as she angrily tore apart a piece of a baguette. 

"Come on Marls!" James exclaimed. "Think of all the fun we've had on fire whiskey!"

"If by fun you mean daring me to flash Filch, then sure!" Marlene said sarcastically. 

"You enjoyed it and he now blushes whenever he sees you," James retorted. "It was a win win and you know it." 

"Shut the fuck up," she grumbled as she turned away and draped her legs over Dorcas's.

"Are you eating?" James asked with an eyebrow raised.

She held up a piece of toast with marmalade on it and a fork with two sausages with a sarcastic smile. James nodded and turned back towards his friends, continuing to chat happily once he knew that even though Marlene McKinnon claimed she didn't like to eat in the mornings ( she was a lunch person ), that she would eat before their match.