𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

CHAPTER TWELVE

men and boys

BETTY HAD A funny feeling when she walked down to breakfast the morning after. She'd gotten dressed rather quickly — wanting to spare seeing his dorm mates, so she was gone before he'd fully woken up and probably registered that she was there.

However, Kellan jogged up to her and slung an arm around her shoulder as he walked with her the rest of the way to the Great Hall. He squeezed her shoulder and grabbed for her hand so he could interlock their fingers.

"You look beautiful," he hummed as they walked.

"I look like shit," she said frankly.

"You always look beautiful," he said as he gave her a playful, pointed look.

"About last night — " she mumbled as she looked up at him as his grip suddenly became less comforting and more of a reminder of the events that had transpired. Against her better judgement, she had decided against thinking about what happened too much — deeming it a power trip, an event that was a sporadic occurrence with Kellan Forrester — and one of the habits that she hated he had.

"I'm sorry," he said with a quick smile. "Won't happen again, promise."

"Right," she mumbled. "Well, I should go over to my friends."

"You sure?" he asked as he furrowed his eyebrows and tried to lead her over to the Ravenclaw table. "You always liked to sit with me and the lads."

"Oh ... uh ... I do, but I just need to talk to them about something," she quickly lied.

"What's something?" Kellan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Girl stuff," she said quickly.

"Girl stuff," he repeated with a skeptical tone.

"Periods," she said bluntly.

He took his arm back from around her shoulder and stepped away, nodding. A look of resignation adorned his features.

"Right, you go do that," he said as he leaned in a kissed her slowly on the cheek before pulling away and jogging over to his friends. He looked back and couple of times to see that she was really heading over to her friends before finally sitting down and enjoying some sausages.