Love Notes- Clint Barton

Dear Clint, 

I know you think this is a prank, or someone making fun of you but I assure you it's not. I can't tell you, so I'm left writing you stupid love notes and secretly telling you how I feel. It's not ideal for me, but I can't lose the friendship I have with you. I love you more than I should, and you can never know. Unless one day you knock on my door, and confess your love first, you'll never properly know about mine. No one knows I'm doing this so no one can vouch but I hope you trust in this. 

-Sincerely, An Idiot 

The note was slipped under my door, and that's when I knew he figured it out. I knew I shouldn't have signed it idiot, but I wasn't thinking. Now he knows. 

Flash Back- One Month Ago: 

I walked into Nat's room with a sigh. She told me to meet her in her room after Clint had gone to bed. At first this worried me, because I thought she figured it out. When I got there though my worried were gone. She was just worried about him. The guys in the tower had been making fun of him for months, because he couldn't get girls. 

"I think we should do something." 

I sat on her bed while she paced, "Like what?" 

She stopped in front of me, "I know this girl, and he's her type. I was thinking about setting it up, but making it seem like it was all him." 

I cringed at the thought of him with someone else. Nat's friends were always stunning, and just amazing. 

"I don't know Nat. What happens when she tells him we set it up? Even if they stay together for years, he won't like it." 

"Then I'll make sure she never tells him." 

"What about when they get drunk together? She could slip up, I probably would." 

She nodded, "Maybe we just-" 

"I don't think it's a good idea ok? He'll inevitably find out, and it could crush him." 

She let out a sigh and nodded. "Then what should we do?" 

"Nothing. Let him do it himself." 

She rolled her eyes, but agreed with me. I went back to my room, but she was right in a way. He was having a really hard time with all the teasing. 

That's how I got the idea. 

The next night I wrote a stupid little note, and slid it under his door. 

I'm not gonna lie, this is super weird. I really like you, but I'm too scared to tell you. So instead, I'm sitting in my room writing a fucking love letter. You probably won't ever figure out it's me, but that's the point. You're this funny, stupid, caring person and I hate that I fell for you. I see the way you look at other girls and just wish it was me you were looking at. Now that I read that back it's kinda creepy, but this is in pen, and I don't feel like rewriting everything. I think I got the general point across- I like you, you don't like me, and that's ok... ish.

Sincerely, A fucking ghost 

I slipped it under his door, and went to bed. The next day he said nothing about it, but I knew he saw it. He didn't bring it up once within the week. When a full week had passed, I decided it was a good time to write another one. 

I don't know what this is, but only doing one feels weird. I mean writing this is weird in the first place. I was kinda surprised when you didn't bring it up. You didn't seem affected at all which was a relief. I thought you were going to start asking people about it, but you didn't and I didn't have to lie. I'm sorry you get teased so much, I think it's stupid. Like who cares if you aren't great with girls, and I'm an idiot with people too. You don't deserve the shit everyone's giving you. Plus the longer you don't have a girlfriend the less hurt I am. I regret that very much, I'm so sorry you just had to read that. It sounded good in my head and then I wrote it and I kinda want to puke. I should really start writing with a pencil, or do like a ruff draft first.