Bucky- All The Time

A/n- Inspired by a tik tok from taisbarness. They never did respond to my comment asking if it was ok, so if they say no I'll take this down. 

!TW! Drug use

"Promise me you won't leave?" 

Bucky smiled, "I promise doll, it's you and me forever." 

Apparently forever didn't include after Steve left. Before I got with Bucky I had a small drug issue. It was the only way I could feel happy for a while, but then I found him. I found him, and swore I would stop. I stopped for him, and then he left. One morning I woke up, and he was just gone. I tried calling him, but all I got was silence. After almost half a year Sam gave up the shield, and apparently Bucky went to him about it. Sam ended up calling me, and telling me but I had already fallen back into bad habits. My happiness was stripped away from me once more, and all I wanted was to feel good. 

One night I ended up high as the sun in a club. I was dancing around when he tapped my shoulder. 

"Y/n?" 

I spun when I heard his voice, "B-bucky?" 

He looked me over, and knew right away. 

"What's going on?" 

I poked his chest, "You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time. To keep you off my mind, and to keep me happy." 

He sighed, "You promised me you'd stop." 

"WE'RE BOTH LIARS THEN!" 

Tears started pouring down my face. 

"I-" 

"NO! You told me forever, and then LEFT!" I lowered my voice, "You didn't even say by Bucky. I woke up, and you were gone." 

He grabbed me away from the dance floor, and closer to the bar. "I was protecting you."

I chuckled a little, "You were protecting me, but also moving on with your life like I was nothing." 

"What're you talking about?" 

He sat me on a chair, and then sat across from me. Another waves of warm tears slipped down my cheeks. 

"You went on a date, got a dating app. You lived while I died." 

He looked away from me, "How'd you know?" 

I laughed a little, and the tears suddenly stopped. "I'm happy for you, you know? Seeing the future is some bullshit, but I've seen it. Soon you'll meet Sam's sister, and start flirting with her. You'll just forget about me.... and I'll most literally die." 

He met my eye again, "What's that supposed to mean?" 

I hopped off the stool and took a few steps from him. "Overdose in.... in a little bit." 

He tried to grab me again, but I disappeared into the crowd. An hour later a girl screamed when she went into the bathroom, and that caused chaos. Bucky's first instinct was to run to the problem, but he froze when he saw it. I was lying on the ground, and life had left my form. I used to see the future when I was high, but no one believed me. Bucky finally learned I was never just high... I was something else.