Sam- Forget About It 2

A/N- I hope you like it, I personally don't know how I feel about it but I don't hate it!

I thought about telling dad, but I just didn't feel a need anymore. I secretly packed my stuff, and got ready to go. Sam called me the night before I left, and I picked up right away. 

"What's up?" 

"You're really leaving without telling him?" 

I chuckled a little, "He didn't care to know then, so why tell him now? I'll leave a note in my room too, so it's all good. Also, I'm sorry he won't help you guys." 

Sam sighed a little, "It's all good, he doesn't want to lose anything and I can respect that." 

I sat back on my bed with a content sigh, "I'm excited to get out." 

"I know you are." 

We talked for a few more minutes before we ended up on ft, and then a few hours and I fell asleep. I woke up, wrote a note, and slipped out of the house. The second I got to campus I pulled my phone out, and called dad. 

"Where the hell are you?!" I answered right away. 

"I'm at college dad." 

"Yeah I read the damn note y/n! You didn't tell me? Or say bye?" 

I took a deep breath, "I tried not to tell you, but you were too busy" 

He huffed a little, "Why didn't you tell me later?" 

I threw my head back, "Because you were busy playing with Morgan! Remember right before her bed time when I came up to you, but you told me we would talk in a second? Well a few hours later you were still busy!" 

In that moment, Tony Stark was at a loss for words. I hung up the phone, and continued unpacking my stuff. 

~A Few Weeks Later~

I was happily sitting in my dorm when I large portal opened up. I screamed, and then realized it was just the wizard. 

"Your dad needs our help." 

I furrowed my brows, "How can I help?" 

He grabbed my hand, "You are a skilled fighter y/n, and he needs all the help he can get." 

I sighed and allowed him to pull me, "What's going on now?" 

"Thanos is back." 

I didn't waste anymore time changing, and getting to the battlefield. It was the old avengers compound, and Thano's army was huge. I also forgot to mention I haven't spoken to dad since I left. He flipped out over the fact he didn't know, and I just got more mad. Over the weeks I did indeed talk to Sam a lot, and we became closer. One thing hasn't changed, I'm still trying so hard to impress my dad. 

The fight was long, and I had a fair amount of gashes on myself. I don't exactly remember when I got the gauntlet, or when I got the stones. I do remember what I did, and why I did it. Dad gave me an iron man suit for a long time ago, and it could fit to whatever I needed it to. I knew dad could've done it, but I really wanted him to be proud. 

"I am inevitable." He snapped but nothing happened. 

He turned to me just enough to see the proud smirk I was wearing. 

"And I am, a real fucking dumbass." Tears started to fill my eyes. 

"Y/n!" Dad screamed, but I ignored him and snapped my fingers. 

I quickly fell back, and a white hot pain was shooting through my body. The kind of pain that feels cold, and almost non existent yet also very existent. My breathing was unsteady, and my vision was blurred from the pain. I could still make out my dads voice. 

"Y/n, why did you do that?" 

I could kinda make out his face, and it looked like it was covered in tears.

A small smile was on mine, "S-sam told me you didn't want to lose your daughter..... I c-couldn't let that happen." 

I had to take a second to regain some strength, "And now..... now you can be proud of me." 

His hand went to my face to lightly stroke it, but I couldn't feel anything. 

"I've always been proud of you baby, always." 

"Well.... now you get to be more......" 

He cupped my face. 

"More proud." 

He let out a strangled sob sound, "I love you, so, so much honey. 

"I love yo......." 

I sat up, and looked around me. I was in some sort of yellow/orange room. I could feel that I was dead, but I didn't know where I was. I stood up, and saw Sam standing a few feet away from me. I walked over to him, still confused. 

"Sam?" 

His eyes darted to me, and he smiled. "Hey y/n." 

"Where are we?" 

He chuckled, "You're getting the after effects of the soul stone. You have to see what you lost." 

I furrowed my brows, "I lost you?" 

He nodded, "Yeah, you did. If you would've survived then we would've.... we would've been together." 

A single tear rolled down my face, yet the words that left my mouth had nothing to do with us. 

"He's proud?" 

Sam cupped my face, "So fucking proud." 

I rested my forehead against his, and closed my eyes. At least he was proud.... but at what cost?