Sam- Forget About It

A/N- In this story Sam didn't dust away. Also we're just gonna say Sam's in his late 20's....27ish? and everyone else is normal :p. It doesn't make sense, but not everyone's comfortable with a 20 year age gap. 

Being a love child is something else. Tony didn't want to get a girl pregnant at 16, but he did. He took custody of me, because she said she would tell the world- he didn't want that. I worked hard to be everything he wanted. I worked hard to impress him, but it never really worked. 

A Few Years Ago 

"Dad?" 

He shot his head to me, "Don't- don't call me that." 

Time Skip 

"Why do you have a C in english?" 

I turned a little red, "I'm sorry. I've been focusing on science, and math a lot lately." 

He shook his head, "Just.... just get it up kid." 

I did just that, got it up. I got it all the way to an A, and he didn't really notice. He didn't say anything if he did anyway. 

A Few Years Later

"I was wondering if you could help me with my science project." 

He waved his hand, "I'm sorry honey, I'm a little busy right now."

I nodded my head, and walked away. 

Now- 

Thanos destroyed dad, but he got a life. He got another kid, and he's been happy for the passed five years. I've been taking a lot of online classes, and little things but this year I applied for Princeton. It's been years, and yet I'm still trying to impress my dad. I woke up, and got dressed like any other person. I've been staying with him while I save up for my own place, he offered to pay but I wanted to show him I could do it on my own. I threw on jeans and a t-shirt and then checked me E-mail. Sitting in my inbox was an acceptance letter from Princeton. I almost screamed when I saw it, but instead ran downstairs to dad. Yes, it may be the middle of the day but I've been staying up late nights for work. 

I walked downstairs, and saw dad sitting outside. My vision was so blinded with excitement, I didn't notice the former team standing around him. I burst outside, and all eyes turned to me. 

"Dad-" 

He cut me off, "I'm a little busy." 

I looked at the others and turned a little red, "Sorry, this will only take a second though." 

He just sighed, "Well that means you can tell me later. You know the rules..." 

I closed my eyes, "If you're busy and it'll take a second, I can wait a second." 

He rolled his eyes, because that's not technically what he told me. But it's honestly close enough. 

"Come on please? I think you'll-" 

"Y/n, please go back inside for a moment." 

Morgan came running passed me, and to dad. 

"Mommy sent me out here to save you." 

He chuckled, and picked her up, "Good job." 

I tried one last time, "Dad-" 

He met my eye again, "Y/n...." 

He looked back at Morgan and I sighed. Hot tears filled my eyes, as I turned to walk away. Sam grabbed my arm, and pulled me aside from the others. 

"Wanna tell me?" 

Before everything Sam, and I were close. We're only a few years apart, and he found me funny.

I just shrugged, now it didn't seem like such a great thing.

"Forget about it." 

His grip just tightened, "Come on y/n, what's up?" 

I looked down, "I got accepted into Princeton." 

His mouth fell open, and he pulled me into a tight hug. "Holy shit y/n, that's amazing!" 

We pulled apart, and the tears had gone away. Steve, Nat, and Scott walked over to us. 

"It's time to go Sam, he won't do it." 

They all have me small smiles, but Sam's was huge. Dad walked over to me with Morgan on his hip. 

"What did you want to tell me?" 

I looked over to him with a smile, "Forget about it."