You Have a Last Name 2

The compound was a boring way to spend my day, so I opted to go out with him. The kid I knew way too much about, and yet nothing at all. 

"So.. what's it like being Mr. Stark's daughter?" 

I stilled slightly at his words, "Fine." 

He laughed a little, "Just fine? It seems like it'd be awesome to be his kid." 

We continued walking around the secluded park I brought him to.

"It's good I guess." I shrugged, "I don't really know. He's normally really busy, so he doesn't get to be around much." 

He turned to look at me, "Was he around when you were little?" 

I shook my head, "Nope. Rhodey was though." 

He nodded, and looked ahead again. 

"Is Cody your boyfriend?" 

Jesus christ, how many times am I going to get asked this. 

"Nope." I popped the 'p' like always. 

"But-" 

I cut him off, "We have sex, doesn't mean we're dating." 

He turned red, "Oh, I'm sorry." He thought for a moment, "Are you sure you were ok last night? I know you said you were, but it really didn't seem like it." 

Now those words, those words made me stop all together. Anyone who ever asked if I was ok, didn't push after I said fine. There was Cody, and Cass but no one else. Farah was... Farah. The avengers wanted me to be fine, so they didn't push. But he... he did. 

"I don't know." I shrugged again. 

He walked in front of me, and stopped. 

"Does he just let you go out?" 

"Yeah, but he rarely knows where I go. He just tells me to be back at 10."

His face softened as he took my words. It's like everything started to click into place for him.

"He's never around is he?" 

I shook my head and looked away from him. "No, he's not. He's normally busy with suits, or other people." 

"Other people like me?" 

I nodded, and looked away from him. 

"But yesterday.. yesterday he wasn't. He didn't have anything to do, and that's why he invited me over, so we could start with my suit." 

I let out a small laugh, "It's what he does. Last time he had a whole weekend off he spent it with Pepper. Another one with you, and even one with the Avengers. There was this other kid he got close with. He was around for a while, and then I-he stopped coming around as he got older. He always used his free time on him. They'd look at old suit designs, and talk about the bad guys."

"What about you?" His tone was heart shattering. 

It was quiet, and soft. 

"Me? Well I stay in my room unless he asks me to come out." 

"How often does he?" 

I looked him dead in the eye, "Never." 

"That sucks, I'm really sorry." 

I started walking again, and he fell back next to me. 

"It is what it is." 

We walked in silence for a while before I led him to a cafe that wasn't too far. We sat down outside and I groaned when I saw people holding their phones up at us.