Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Zayn and I got out of the lake and dried up whilst putting on our clothes.

“That was fun,” I mumbled while giggling.

“It was,” Zayn put the towel over his shoulder and slipped a hand around my waist while we walked.

I looked up at Zayn and his glowing features, I mindlessly fixed his wet hair and he looked down at me with a simple smile. I smiled back.

It was one of those smile that makes you feel loved, you know. Like, those random, silent smiles you receive and you just know someone cares, you know someone is happy to have you, you just feel it. Such a simple motion of pulling your lips apart to reveal teeth can make someone feel so loved and cared for…Those are honestly just the best kind of smiles, the ones you don’t see coming, the ones that are silent. I really love them; as silly as it sounds to love such a simple movement it’s true… I’m grateful for such simple actions…

As we headed in the back door, Zayn was in midsentence while I was giggling my bum off and we realized Harry was there watching TV at three in the morning, you know the usual, hence the sarcasm.

“Um… hello,” Zayn greeted awkwardly.

Harry just eyed us suspiciously, “Hi…?” Harry inspected each of us up and down like fifty times, his eyes squinted and his face blank filled with suspicion.

I looked down at my feet feeling self-conscious. I scrambled my feet and shifted my weight while playing with my hands and biting my lip. I scratched my arm and looked up at him.

“Care if I know why both of you are dripping wet?” Harry asked.

“I-I,” I started, but Zayn interrupted.

“It was kind of my idea…” Zayn admitted.

“No,” I gave Zayn big eyes as if ‘shut the hell up,’ “I kind of woke Zayn up because I wanted to go to the lake… and I didn’t want to go alone because I was scared of bears and I… I just wanted company,”

“Rubbish,” Harry hissed, “Why would you want to go to the lake in the summer night coldness?”

I looked down intimidated, “I just… I just wanted an adventure,”

“Rubbish,” Harry repeated, “You’re not the adventure type of guy,”

“But, I am,” Zayn stepped up, “That’s why I was the one who took him to the lake,”

“Then, why’d you lie, Liam?” Harry asked.

“Because… Because… I wanted you to get mad at me rather than him,” I admitted still not looking up.

“Very well, Liam, go to your room get some rest, I’m going to have a talk with Zayn if you don’t mind,” Harry dismissed me.

I felt like I was going to the principal’s room and he was just like, okay leave, peasant of a student, I don’t have to waste my time on you. I walked to the hallway where I was out of sigh from Zayn and Harry and then I pressed my body against the wall to hear what Harry was going to tell Zayn.

“Okay, you hear me very well Zayn,” Harry hissed at him.

Quietness.

“You understand that’s my bloody brother right there, Zayn, do you?” Harry hissed.

“Yes, I know that,” Zayn said confidently.

“Whatever the hell you’re doing with him, you stop it right now,” I heard a thud.