Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Liam’s POV

“Come to my house and I’ll tell you where he is,” And with that Niall hung up.

He knew where Zayn was, he wasn’t in Bradford, he was near. He didn’t leave me. He didn’t leave me again, he stayed. The problem is where is he?

I fumbled with the car keys as I dashed out the door escaping from Harry without a good bye or a glance back. I didn’t mind if I speed way over the speed limit, I just had to know where Zayn was. I longed for his touch, I missed his hand in mine, I missed running my hands up through his hair, but most of all I missed his lips moving slowly and carefully against mine…

I stumbled out of the car and slammed the door shut and clumsily sprinted made my way to Niall’s door knocking impatiently.

“Liam,” Niall greeted calmer than ever.

“W-Where is Zayn?” I gasped for breath.

“Are you not eating either? You’re in such bad shape,” Niall shook his head disappointedly, “Tsk, tsk,

“Yes, I’m eating, now where is Zayn?!” I had developed a new attitude ever since Zayn left.

“Oh, he’ll show up,” Niall smiled at me, “Now, come on in, mate,”

I groaned and went into Niall’s house and paced through the room and when I got tired of that I would shift my weight from foot to foot.

“Will you stop?” Niall said observing me dumbfounded.

“What?” I said still mindlessly shifting from foot to foot.

That! Are you really that anxious?” Niall shook his head.

I looked at him awed. Had he never been in love? It clearly didn’t look like it, I missed Zayn so much. Not to mention that the love feelings were mutual, he hadn’t exactly exchanged them both at the same time, but they were mutual to say the least. But, after the time I called him and he told me he loved me I… I missed him more than ever and the pain was unbearable. I think the only reason I held on for so long was just to see him again…

“What?” Niall asked eyes narrowing.

“Don’t you understand? I love Zayn and… and, I just can’t help it, I miss him so much,” I said quietly and somewhat sheepishly.

Then, the door opened and the voice that I haven’t heard in what seemed in a life time entered my ear drums and the sound waves vibrated through my body as they escaped through my other ear leaving rising goose bumps all over my arms and a rush going down my spine. My knees started to feel weak and my heart started going at an unhealthy fast pace along with butterflies fluttering through my stomach.

“Don’t help me with the bags that’s alright, Niall,” A sarcastic Zayn called.

I stayed glued to the ground, I couldn’t move… Was Zayn really here or was this a prank? Was I being recorded for a YouTube prank that will soon become viral? …This didn’t feel real.

I heard Zayn’s steady footsteps touch the kitchen floor.

“Well, go get him,” Niall hissed at me while shooing me away.

I took a deep breath and smiled at him, “Thanks,” I said smiling at him sincerely.

“Go!” Niall shooed me.

I bit my lip and slowly walked into the hallway that led to the kitchen. I quietly peeked through the kitchen door and observed Zayn. The way his biceps tensed when he took the groceries out of the bag and placed them into the correct spots, the way he ran this fingers through his hair, the way he mumbled songs under his breath. I never realized how much I truly missed him…