Chapter One

Chapter One:

I ran behind Harry, my younger step-brother. Harry acted as if he was older than me and I admit Iâm sometimes, or almost always, am fooled to thinking he is. Sure, maybe it might be because he was the reason I have a family today and I have a glimmer of hope for the future. Harry was the reason I was adopted into a family, he saw something worth having a bond with. Maybe he was curious? Maybe he felt pity? Whatever reason it may be, he helped out of the orphanage and unselfishly welcomed me into his family. I grew up with his family since I was thirteen, I admit I feared every day coming, because I felt like it would be my last day with them and then I would be kicked back into an orphanage. But as for now, I am nineteen years old and still with them.

I was held back in school because of the orphanage and their awful, cheap education. So, I was forced to be in the same grade as Harry and his buddies. I never truly fit in with anyone, not even Harry's friends. Harry forced me to hang out with his group that consisted of four lads. A blonde with the name of Niall, a brunette with blue eyes whose name is Louis, a gorgeous boy with a hint of mischief in his eyes with the beautiful name of Zayn and Harry. I admit that Zayn is quite charming and well, beautiful, and I've had a crush on him ever since the first day of school with Harry. If you ever lay eyes on him, you will be dazed and will have to be pushed to get out of the stars truck caused by him. Harry didn't know I had a crush on Zayn and to be honest, I don't plan on ever telling him that because with his little teasing attitude I'm sure he'll tease me for the rest of my life.

Sadly, Zayn moved away and into another city when I was fifteen. Harry hasn't kept in contact with him and no one has known what happened to Zayn. But, yesterday being the last day of senior year, Harry received a text from Zayn saying, "I'm coming back to your guy's school! Pick me up from the airport?" I would've never found out about this text if I didn't overhear Harry talking about it with Louis and Niall over the phone. So, like the boy I was I forced myself in the car and drove with Harry to pick up Zayn today.

You would think Anne would come pick up Zayn with us, but she's always traveling around the globe for business trips with her successful company. So, usually itâs only Harry and me in the house.

"So, do you think he's changed?" I asked Harry who was in the driver's seat driving towards the airport.

"I don't know how am I supposed to know?" Harry snapped.

"Well, then," I said quietly and sunk in my seat.

I started to fiddle with the radio until I found a satisfying song that I liked.

*****

We finally got to the airport and waited for Zayn in the baggage pick up where he told Harry to meet him.

There he was, bags beside him, looking as good as always. He had a streak of blonde in his hair now, and instead of his hair being down his hair was now styled in a quiff. It looked quite sexy actually... The feelings that I once felt when I was thirteen were definitely still there even if I denied them.

It was like a bittersweet punch in the stomach to see Zayn once again. It made my stomach grow butterflies, but it also made my stomach squirm because how will I ever survive being with him for this entire summer? It'll bring back so many flashback of that petty little crush I had.... and still have.... I sighed to myself. I'm so not looking forward to this... All the emotions that I was had, will most likely force themselves down on me... If I felt overwhelmed now without hearing his velvet voice, I'd probably die once he speaks.

"Hello, mate," Harry casually said, as if Zayn had never left.

Zayn hugged Harry brotherly as they always did when they were younger. Three years without each other they're still hugging the same, "I've missed you so much, man."

Even though, he wasn't addressing these exact words towards me, just hearing his voice made me get tingly. It made butterflies surf around my stomach.

Harry patted Zayn's back and pulled away, "What's up man how have you been?"

Zayn shrugged, "Good I guess, just wanted to get away for a while, thanks for letting me stay."

Harry shrugged, "No problem."

Zayn then looked at me and I looked down at my phone as if I wasn't staring at him like he was some celebrity. I pretended as if I was texting for the whole time they were doing their friend things.

Matter of fact, no one texts me because I'm the weird kid in class because I'm an orphan and then... well people just don't like me...I don't know why, I've changed myself many times to see if I can please people, but I get called fake for changing my ways. So, I just stuck to who I am. Which hasn't seem to be working, but oh well... Society is a bitch.

"Hey Liam," Zayn smiled at me friendly.

"Hey," I said awkwardly, trying not to stutter. Don't blame me for getting a stutter every time Zayn speaks with me... I mean, it's like having a Greek god speak to you. You can't help to feel self-conscious.

"It's been a while," Zayn mumbled.

I nodded, "It has."

I felt like crying and asking him why he fucking left me. I felt so heart broken. But, the problem was that he doesn't know I've had a crush on him since the first day...So, I couldn't pour my heart out... just yet. Maybe not or maybe the day will come, some day... I hoped for the later.  Then, the memories started pouring in about how I first saw him....

- - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Here's the first chapter, I hope you like it. Thanks for all the comments telling me that you actually want to read it. So, here you guys go. Now, before you read understand that it goes like this: -chapter 1- -memory 1- -chapter 2- -memory 2- I don't know if you understand, but you'll get it later :) Love you all thanks for reading, commenting, voting and/or fanning.  :)