Memory Eight

Memory Eight:

I was in my bed sitting up, feet tucked in the warm, black, quilt blanket. The GameCube control was in my hands and my eyes were focused on the small TV screen placed among my baby blue bedroom door. I looked intently into the car moving among the TV screen, I was playing Need for Speed. My focus suddenly snapped when I heard Zayn laugh echoed by Niall’s chuckle. Harry, Zayn and Niall were currently having a little hangout session, like always. I gripped the thick controller tighter, narrowed my eyes and clenched my jaw. When I heard Zayn’s beautiful, thick laugh echo through my room my narrowed eyes relaxed and a small smile spread my lips even though he wasn’t in my room his laugh made me happy. But, then Niall rained on my parade and laughed with his stupid, likeable Irish laugh. Obviously, Niall was the reason for Zayn’s sexy laugh and not me. I looked down at my controller sadly and heard the loud sound effects from the TV loudly ring through my ears; my car had crashed among a building and the cops had caught me. The words GAME OVER flashed on the screen and I threw the control into pillows in the floor angrily and flung myself into a laying down position underneath my blankets. I threw the warm, welcoming blankets over my body and faced down into my cushiony pillow. I yelled into it. I hated everything; mostly Niall and his stupid, likeableness. Everyone likes him… except for me, well, no I like him because he’s so damn likeable, it’s just I hate that he’s so likeable, ugh I don’t even know. I gripped the pillow tighter and pushed my face harder into it hiding my screams in it.

It’s hard to explain my love-hate for Niall. It mostly consists of Zayn’s love for Niall and they’re stupid, perfect friendship. I just… it’s not love-hate, it’s envy… I envy Niall. I wish I was Niall, he has everything, literally. He has his pretty little Irish accent, those emerald eyes that everyone always compliments him on, his soft bleached hair that has little brown highlights here and there, his clear illuminant pale face, his thin lips, that long, loud laugh that everyone loves, and most of all he has Zayn. He has a perfect friendship with Zayn, they fool around, they laugh at any word that slips from each other’s lips, and they basically have the friendship everyone wants, the friendship I want.

I tightened my hold onto the pillow and sighed heavily onto it. I arched my back so my head wasn’t on the pillow anymore and propped myself onto my forearms, whipping my tears that were full of jealousy. I placed my hands over my mouth and sighed. I’m going mad, I’m going insane, why is my life so fucked up, why do I like my step-brother’s best friend? Why… I shook my head laughing bitterly at myself and mostly my life. I had such a fucked up life… Coming from an orphanage, to being thrown out of so many houses, to finally finding a home, thinking it would be the start of a normal life, which led to me being wrong and liking my step-brother’s best friend… I shook my head yet again and smiled bitterly, I can’t help it, I, myself am fucked up… I’m not liked by anyone… I’m annoying; I have wavy hair that won’t stay in place, a chubby face paired with an overly-sized forehead and a big birthmark in my neck. I threw my head into my pillow and drowned myself in my own tears until I fell asleep.

I woke up a couple of hours later hoping the little party of laughter was over, but it wasn’t. I was walking into the living room, but before I made sure I looked decent; decent as in normal eyes, not puffy, red, blood-shot eyes, also no super, messy brown hair. I walked down the stairs and gripped the doorway swiftly coming to a stop when I saw Harry, Niall and Zayn cooking a cake.

“You guys, we need the mix box,” Harry announced.

Niall and Zayn were too busy laughing that they didn’t even bother paying attention to Harry.

Seriously, those two only know how to laugh and choke out words about what they were laughing about to laugh even more. I rolled my eyes and entered the kitchen passing Harry the mix box.

“There you go,” I said bluntly walking away.

“At least someone knows how to listen,” Harry said harshly towards Niall and Zayn.

They looked at each other, then at Harry, then at my walking away figure and then back at each other and kept talking and laughing.

I lay on the couch, pulled the quilt over me and clicked the buttons on the remote till I stayed on MTV watching dumb asses drink up and pass out. I shook my head thinking to myself what society has come to, thinking people drinking and causing scenes is “entertaining.” I grabbed the can of whipped cream on the living room table and poured some on the already used bowl. There was Nesquick and Nutella on the table as well and I used those to make myself a yummy dessert of whipped cream. I poured to Nutella spread on the bottom of the bowl, placing lots of whipped cream on top and sprinkling the powdery Nesquick mix on top. I groaned when I realized I had to get a spoon from the kitchen, which meant I had to go through the little three-laughing-musketeers. I pushed myself among the bodies that were “cooking.”

“What’s wrong, Liam, why so quiet?” I heard Niall’s thick Irish accent enter my ear.

I ignored it and let it slip out my other ear swiftly whilst I opened the cabinet full of eating utensils.

“Cheer up, mate,” I heard Zayn say as he poked the sides of my body, he knew I was ticklish there. I squirmed and jump gripping the teaspoon in my hands using it as a weapon.

“Stop!” I said in a high-pitch voice.

Zayn gripped the side of my body and turned me around so I was looking at him. I saw Harry tense up as Zayn touched me. I grabbed Zayn’s hands and pried them away from my hips. It hurt pushing Zayn’s touch away, but I just wasn’t in the mood. I was in too bad of a mood. Zayn’s face fell when I pushed him away. Niall looked at me concerned.

“Just leave me alone,” I mumbled and pushed away from all of them.

Harry gave Zayn a burning look and growled lowly at him, “Don’t lay a finger on my brother,”

I peeked out of the door way to see Zayn look at Harry with a ‘what the hell’ expression, but he quickly shrugged it off before walking towards the door. I sprinted towards the couch while eating spoonful’s of my yummy desert. I pretend to be paying close attention to whatever was on the screen.

“Why are you paying such close attention to the commercials?” Zayn asked me.

I shrugged.

“Zayn, let’s go play,” Niall moaned.

Zayn rolled his eyes and patted my shoulder, “Cheer up, mate,”

A while later, I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated, I took the phone out of my sweat pant pockets. When I saw the name my heart fluttered.

From: Zayn :)

You alright, mate? I’m worried about you. What’s wrong? :( xx

I hesitated on whether or not to reply, but I decided to reply.

To: Zayn :)

Nothing.

A split moment later he replied still making my heart flutter.

From: Zayn :)

I don’t think “nothing” is wrong, something must be wrong. Tell me? Xx

I decided not to reply and left him waiting for me, if he was even expecting my reply. He was probably doing it out of pity. I sighed heavily and hunched into the sofa pulling the quilt up to my chin and tried to keep the tears to myself instead of shedding them.

- - - -  - - - - -

A/N: Sorry I took forever to updateee. Yess, I did in fact put some Logan Lerman into the last chapter ;) I mean yum yum right? So, this chapter is boring bc writer's block and bc I've been in such a bad mood I feel like 2013 isn't my year... yet... I hope. How's 2013 been treating you guys? :) Love you all so much. I hope you like this chapter and if you don't I promise next one you will bc chapters >>>> memories. idk what do you guys like better chapters or memories?? Okay, byeeeeeee :) Love youuuu lotsssssss. ♥