Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I slid down the back of the door and thought about what Zayn had said. He said he was sorry about beating Taylor up, but what was engraved in my mind at the moment was how he almost said he loved me… I felt cold tears leave trails down my cheeks.

I put my head back against the door and whispered to myself, “I love you too Zayn…”

Little did I know was that Zayn was at the other side, “Liam,” I heard him mumble hopefully.

I turned around so my ear and cheek were against the door trying to soak up the sound of his beautiful voice that still made goose bumps rise over my arms, “Zayn…”

“I…I…” Zayn stumbled upon his own words.

I turned around and dug my face into my hands, “I love you too Zayn, I need to be alone now though,” I mumbled pained.

I was then left alone to drain out all my tears and pain. I just couldn’t believe Zayn could be so heartless as to punch the living shit out of Taylor…

Flashback

I had Taylor’s arm slung over my neck as I was dragging him through the dry, summer morning. We had gone to get ice cream and spend a fun day together when Zayn decided to rain on my parade. I thought he would be having his own parade with Niall, one where they would both laugh and be affectionate in, but instead he decided to ruin my parade.

I burst the door open and all of the boys stood up from their lazy postures to awed and confused and pissed off emotions.

“What the fuck happened?” “Taylor?!” “Who the fuck did this?!”

Paul’s muscles had become prominent as his fists clenched and unclenched just like his jaw, “Who…The…Fuck…Did…This…..Tell me right now, Liam. Who. The. Fuck. Did. This,” Paul’s bright blue eyes had turned a shade of dark, angry, blue. His jaw bone popping as his jaw clenched.

I decided to cover up for Zayn, “Some random drunk guy,”

“Some random drunk guy?” Andrew interrupted, “Why would there be a drunk guy so early?”

“I don’t know…?” I mumbled.

Logan shot me a confused smiled, but decided to give me hand, “Look guys, we’re not going to fight fire against fire, let’s just help Taylor and then we see what we do,”

Andrew let out a breath and nodded, he then took Paul by his arms and pushed him against the couch, “Look, mate, it’s okay, he’s going to be okay, okay?”

Paul shook his head, he gave me a dark glare and I didn’t blame him for it. I was just a random guy that slept over at their house and now I bring their friend beat up to the pulp…

Logan and I were sitting on Taylor’s small bed. Taylor’s body was covered in blankets tucked up to his chin as his eyes were fluttered closed, long lashes scraping his tanned cheeks as his nostrils flared and relaxed with every breath taken. He looked more relaxed and way better.

“So,” Logan looked from Taylor to me, his blue eyes piercing into my soul, “Tell me, Liam, what happened?”

I looked at him and bit my lip, then back down at Taylor. I pressed the wet towel that was in my hand and dotted the bruise on his forehead, “Well,” I sighed and fixed the ice pack on Taylor’s forehead.

“Well?” Logan asked trying not to sound too impatient.

I switched hands with the towel and brushed through Taylor’s hair. I felt so bad… “My boyfriend… “