Memory One

Memory One:

It was the first day of going to a real school. Just the thought of being around teenagers with their parents alive made me flame in jealousy. It’s the worst feeling ever. Walking around the streets seeing a child hand in hand with their parents made me so envious. It made me feel bad about myself and my life. It made me feel like a disgust, sure it wasn’t my fault that I lost my parents, but it most definitely is my fault being rejected by so many families. I always thought that if I never was rejected that I won’t ever feel so disgusted with myself. But, I can’t change the past… I wish I could, I wish God put me in another family.

I’ve always day-dreamed about the family of my dreams… I would have parents that love me with all their hearts; they would buy me ice cream every Saturday, we would go watch Disney movies and visit Disneyland every summer vacation. Sadly, this is reality, where I’m an orphan… No parents, no ice cream every Saturday, no Disney movies, and no Disneyland. It consisted of being rejected by families and being dispised by everyone for no absolute reason… Well, until now… With the Styles’ family I feel slightly accepted…

“Have fun boys,” Anne said handing Harry and I our lunch and kissing each of us in the forehead. “Love you both,”

Harry and I ran to the school bus and waved at Anne. She’s such a kind-hearted woman, full of love for everyone.

I was really nervous, I could feel my heart bumping against my ribs and going back into place from the force. It literally wanted to go out of my chest. My hands were sweaty and I felt very uncomfortable. I grabbed the sleeves of my sweater and hid my hands. I fixed my hair and tried to look as normal as possible. I practiced lines about baseball in my mind; I tried to think of things normal kids like. I didn’t want to give everyone the first impression of being a Disney kid lover.

“Are ya nervous, Liam?” Harry asked me with a bright smile in his face.

I shrugged.

Harry poked my cheek and teased me, “Oh, little Liam is nervousss!”

I hid my face and looked out the window.

Harry may have been the one who saved my life, but sometimes he gets on my nerves so badly! Well, not sometimes 90% of the time he does.

Harry chuckled and talked with his friend, Louis. They started to talk about baseball teams and how they couldn’t wait for the game tonight. It really drove me insane to listen to all this baseball crap. No one cares! …Well, maybe they do, but I sure don’t.

*****

We arrived to the Middle School and my heart started to beat very unhealthily. I started to feel anxious… Nothing will go right, I told myself, You know nothing will go right, Liam, don’t even try to fool yourself, nothing ever, ever goes right for you. Sadly, what I told myself was 100% true. Nothing ever goes right for me. Whenever I try to achieve something, some little detail always goes wrong and ruins everything…

I followed Harry around like a lost puppy; I didn’t know where to go… I quietly passed all the awkward middle schoolers like a ghost. I didn’t want to be seen nor heard. I didn’t want to bring any attention to myself, I hate attention…

Harry opened his locker and his allies met up with him. I didn’t know any of them at the time. I haven’t met them, but I recognized the one from the bus. I’m pretty sure his name was Louis, I heard Harry mention his name in the bus.

“Are you guys watching the game tonight, guys?” A blonde asked.

“Niall, that’s about the dumbest question I’ve ever heard?” Harry responded.

Well, guess whose as rude with his friends as he is with me… none other than Harry.

Niall, the blonde, answered by saying, “Well, I was just wondering!”

Louis shrugged and used a sarcastic voice, “Oh, well, I don’t think I’m going to watch it!”

Harry chuckled and shook his head, “Where’s Zayn?”

Both boys shrugged and they didn’t even acknowledge my existence. I was clearly standing next to Harry, but none of them mentioned my name. They just stared at Harry as if he was the boss or something.

Another guy showed up. He caught my eye; he was very handsome if I may add. He could clearly pass as a young-teen model. He had his hair down and had a hoodie on. He had very rounded cheeks that I could guess would be formed into a very attractive jawline once he’s done with puberty…

“Hey guys,” The guy looked around and saw me and smiled lightly.

Finally for once, a polite boy, I told myself.

“Hey, Zayn,” Harry said and closed his locker and leaned against it; his followers on front.

Zayn caught my eye, mostly because he didn’t follow my brother. He wasn’t just a little wanna-be, not that I’m saying that the other two were, but he just wasn’t a follower. I’m guessing he just enjoyed being around the group, not just around my brother.

“What’s your name?” Zayn asked.

“No one cares,” Scoffed Harry.

I looked down awkwardly feeling intimidated by Zayn’s lovely orbs.

Zayn gave Harry a stern look.

“He’s my brother, I can say whatever,” Snapped Harry.

Harry wasn’t exactly fond of disrespect.

“Brother? You don’t have a brother, liar,” Zayn shot.

Step brother,” Harry said sternly, “We got him during the summer,”

We got him… got him… got…. The word got rang and echoed through my mind. I shouldn’t let one word ruin my day. I, myself, knew better than anyone else that I’m as relevant as a piece of furniture. I can be returned to the orphanage any time they Styles’ family please to do so, but just to hear it right in front of me made me feel awful. It may be better than overhearing it over the phone, but it hurt just as bad.

Got him?” Zayn put emphasis on the word ‘got.’

“Fine, want me to be more respectful, Zayn?” Harry raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms, “Adopted him.”

Zayn rolled his eyes, scoffed and turned to me, “So, what’s your name, mate?”

I bit the inside of my lip trying hard to not let the tears run, and took a deep breath, “Liam.” I managed to mumble.

“Nice,” Zayn said mannerly, “Want me to show you around? I’m pretty sure, you’re tired of having Harry around you all the time…”

I nodded and my eyes beamed. I tried as hard as I could to force the words ‘please’ out of my eyes. But, obviously that’s not possible, so I just nodded and didn’t speak.

“Great, I’ll show you around,”

*****

And that’s about how I started to have a petty little crush on Zayn Malik. Just a good first impression made me go head over heels for my step-brother’s best friend…

- - - - - - - - -

A/N: I hope you liked it. ♥ :) Thanks for all the lovely comments and encouragement. I'm actually having fun writing this! :D I hope you like it! ♥ Remember this was a memory of Liam's first day of "real" (middle) school since he was always taught in the orphanage. The next chapter will be present day. :) Thanks for reading, commenting, voting and/or fanning. ♥

Dedicated to: BiBi1D99 because she edited this story! So, thank you so much babe! ♥