Memory Nine

Memory Nine:

The last time I ever saw Zayn go ballistic with his anger issues with my own eyes was when I entered my first year of high school.

----

“I’m so nervousssss…” I said in the backseat of the car while fiddling with my hands inside the pocket of my baggy sweater.

“Don’t sweat it mate,” Louis, who was a junior, said while smiling comfortingly at me from the rearview mirror. Louis was driving, Niall was in shotgun, Harry was beside me on my right and Zayn was sat on my left. They were all trying to calm my nerves down, but honestly nothing was working.

“It’s going to be alright,” Zayn whispered in my ear while placing his hand on my thigh and squeezing it lightly, but comfortingly.

Harry observed Zayn’s moves intently, but shrugged them off and looked at me patting my back, “You’ll survive, Liam,”

I smiled weakly, but I could feel my hands sweating I mindlessly placed them on my lap and my left hand was placed on top of Zayn’s accidentally.

I bit my lip and blushed, his hand was way wider than mine and his fingers were longer. Zayn smiled down and flipped his hand intertwining his fingers with mine. I felt butterflies explode in my stomach, but there’s were the nice kind of butterflies, not the anxious kind. I looked down trying not to look like a tomato, but I was probably failing. I placed our hands between our legs and Zayn gave it a soothing squeeze every once in a while.

When we got to the place I had been dreading, our hands slipped off and I felt more nervous. Zayn’s comforting hand was long gone, so I was left to fiddle with my hands anxiously. I hoped off the Louis’ Jeep and was lost. I didn’t know where to go.

I looked around, all the teenagers were with their group of friends and Harry’s group of friends had dispersed their separate ways and I was left to walk around uncertain. Every step I took was awkward and without knowledge of where to go. I didn’t have an assigned locker yet nor did I know where my first class was. I checked my watch, 8:05, five more minutes till the first class comes.

I walked to a picnic table and placed my backpack on it taking out my schedule. I looked down at it; my first class was Chemistry in Room 305. My eyebrows met in a frown and my eyes went to my surroundings everyone was waving and walking off their own way to their classes. Where was Zayn or Harry when I needed them?

My phone beeped and I took out desperately, please, please, be Harry or someone to help me.

From: Harry

You good, mate?

My fingers flew to the smooth screen of my smart phone as I typed my response.

To: Harry

No! I’m so lost! Where is Room 305!?! Please, Harry help me! I’m so lost!!

I shifted my weight between each foot as I awaited Harry’s response.

From: Zayn

You lost? ;)

My eyes squinted as I looked at the name. I looked around me, but I was all alone everyone was already in their classes. Wow, I was such a loser.

To: Zayn

…Maybe…

I flung my backpack on my shoulders and walked mindlessly around the outside of the massive high school.

From: Zayn

Woah there mister! That’s the wrong way!

I stopped in my tracks and cocked my head to the left, what the… I did a 360 turn, but didn’t see a sign of Zayn.