Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

We were back home and the car ride was awfully quiet, in the middle of it I had receive a message from Logan saying Taylor was fine it read,

From: Logan

Hey, m8, how are you? Just letting you now, that Taylor is absolutely fine so don’t worry about him. We took him to the doc and he said that he’s fine aside from his black eye. C’ya!

You don’t know how relieved I was when I received the text because usually Zayn’s aggressive punches left various ugly scars, but since he’s been so relaxed lately I suppose his anger issues have died down a bit. I was still slightly ticked off by the fact that he can’t control his jealousy or just his anger itself, but I suppose he can’t help it.

When we finally got home after the thousand hour road trip, I went up to my room to put all my clothes away and put the dirty ones in the washing machine. As I was putting my clothes to clean Zayn came up to me.

“Hey, Liam, um… Can I talk with you?” Zayn asked.

I looked up from the washing machine and into his eyes which I haven’t looked at in a while. The last time we had interacted was the time I told him I loved him… I bit my lip and nodded.

We walked outside to the backyard and sat in the porch steps, “Look, I’m… I’m so sorry…”

I looked up at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes, I smiled encouringly at him.

“I-I… You… You know that this happens sometimes. There are things that trigger it at times. I don’t know if Harry told you this, but while I was in Bradford I was getting some help and it worked, it did, honestly,” Zayn said weakly, “But… I can’t help it sometimes… There are just things that randomly trigger it,”

I grabbed Zayn’s muscular arm and leaned my head against it, “It’s okay, babe,”

“No, it’s not,” He growled under his breath, “I hate it,”

I looked up at Zayn as he looked into the distance, his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched, “Zayn, it’s okay, today I received a message from one of the boy’s whose friends with Taylor and he’s okay,”

“No he’s not,” Zayn denied.

“What do you mean? Yes, he is,” I insisted.

“No… he’s… not… Liam,” Zayn growled, “You damn sure know how bad I fuck up people,”

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “Zayn, babe,” I turned around and sat on his legs and straddled him. My hands went to his neck as I played with the hair trying to calm him down, “Look, Zayn, it worked. Everything at Bradford worked, you’re good. You barely did any harm to him. I promise you, I wouldn’t lie to you and you know it,” I kissed his forehead and mumbled, “I promise,”

Zayn looked at me hesitantly, “Promise?”

I smiled lovingly, “Promise,”

Zayn’s hands went to my back, “I still want to make it up to you, though,”

I smirked, “Oh really?”

Zayn nodded and winked at me, “Yes, really,”

I looked at him curiously, “How?”

“You’ll see,” Zayn winked at me and pulled me off, “Follow me,”

After hours of debating, I finally let Zayn take my car so he could surprise me to wherever he was taking me to ‘make it up to me.’ I was anxious, but excited. I mean I don’t think we’ve ever been on a real date… We’ve had plenty of romantic moments, but not an official, real date, so I didn’t know what to expect.