Memory Four

Memory Four

My alarm boomed loudly beside my ear and it made my headache from yesterday come back harder than yesterday. I pounded the alarm and it wouldn’t shut up, I groaned and felt like throwing it across the room, but decided not to.

I sat up my small thirteen-year-old back leaning against the headboard. I felt so weak and cold.

“Liam, come on we’re going to be late for school,” I heard Harry yell from the bathroom; his mouth was full of something, probably toothpaste.

I then heard Harry order Zayn to come hurry me up.

Zayn quietly opened the door and delicately asked ‘are you okay?’

“No, I feel really sick, cold and weak,” I admitted my voice sounding hoarsely.

Zayn nodded and commanded me to stay in here, he didn’t really close the door behind him so I heard him have a chat with Harry.

“Your brother’s sick, you should stay home and take care of him,” Zayn mumbled to Harry.

“But, I’m too lazy,” Harry’s twelve-year-old voice groaned in annoyance.

“Do you want me to stay with him?” Zayn mature eleven-year-old voice asked.

“Please?” Harry tried to pull his best innocent voice, “Plus, you’re older, you know what to do!”

“Okay, go off to school, tell the teachers Liam’s sick and that I’m sick as well,” Zayn told Harry.

“Okay, bye,” Harry said, he then came in and said a fare-well.

*****

“So, Liam, I’m pretty sure you’re going to get the flu,” Zayn said as professionally as he could.

“I don’t like the flu,” I complained.

“No one does, silly,” Zayn said as he brought me some tea in a mug, “To be honest, I don’t know what to do, when you’re sick, my mom always gives me tea and then she lets me take a nap and then watch Power Rangers,”

“Well... Anne always gave me chocolate when I was sick…” I lied wanting chocolate.

“I don’t think you guys have chocolate though…?” Zayn said puzzled.

I hunched against the head board of the bed, “Aw,”

“Drink your tea, Li-Li,” Zayn passed me the warm mug.

I took a sip of it and looked at Zayn, he was looking at me weirdly so I looked away, besides I was blushing to that wasn’t really something I wanted him to see. Every time Zayn looked at me it made me flush into a pink shade it was really embarrassing because no one ever makes me blush, it’s only him!

Zayn looked at me concerned and said he was going to be right back.

I dug in my night table and looked for my Game Boy so I could hide it when he thought I was going to take a nap.

Zayn then came back carrying a laptop, “I’m going to search up what to do when someone’s going to get the flu,”

“No! Why? No!” I complained, I didn’t want him to do all this motherly stuff on me, it just made me more embarrassed and I didn’t like that feeling.

“Why not?” Zayn asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t know,” I shrugged my kiddy shoulders and looked away, crossing my arms.

“Fine, I’ll be right back with some more blankets,” Zayn informed me, “I would give you a pill, but I don’t know which one works for colds and I don’t want to kill you with pills, because some pills are evil,”

Zayn’s innocent voice made me smile, “Okay,” I nodded.

I played with the rim of my mug as I waited for Zayn to show up with blankets.

Zayn finally came holding fifty blankets, his tiny body lost in all of them. He came to the side of my bed and attempted to throw the blanket professionally, but failed. It landed in the middle all crumpled up.

“I’ll fix it,” I said my voice cracking and breaking out into a loud cough.

“No, it’s okay, I got this,” Zayn said upset with himself, he tried again, but failed.

It looked like he was trying to impress himself by trying to throw it like Anne did. Anne just jerked up the blanket in the air and the blanket would plop perfectly over the mattress, instead Zayn was attempting to do this and it would all end up in the middle of the bed crumpled up.

I giggled every time Zayn tried to do this.

“I give up,” Zayn messily placed the blankets over me, but I appreciated his concern over a small flu.

Zayn came up to me and touched my forehead and cheeks, “WOAH. YOU ARE BURNING LIAM!”

“Burning what? Burning hot?” I winked at him mockingly and Zayn chuckled.

“Sure, whatever floats your boat, Li-Li,”

*****

After a couple of hours of chit-chat and Zayn checking my forehead he decided it was time for me to take a nap.

“You should really take a small nap, Liam,”

“But, I’m not tired,” I admitted. It was fun to have one-on-one time with Zayn instead of Harry hogging Zayn and not letting me have a chat with Zayn.

“It’s okay, you’ll feel better after your nap, trust me,”

I nodded and got comfortable in my bed, Zayn then came and pulled the covers up to my chin. He walked away and closed the door except he didn’t leave, he stayed inside.

“What are you doing?” I whispered.

“I’m taking care of you,” Zayn mumbled back.

I looked at Zayn and smiled, “Thank you.”

Zayn grabbed a pillow from the bed and laid down on the floor, “You’re welcome,”

After a comfortable silence I decided to break it.

“You don’t want to sleep in the bed, Zayn? Isn’t the floor cold?” I asked him.

Zayn hesitated, “No, I’m okay down here,”

I felt kind of let down, because I wanted him to take a nap beside me… I don’t know why to be honest, but I kind of wanted his warmth beside me… but I guess he didn’t want to sleep next to me… Maybe it’s because I’m not popular… or maybe I smell bad, and I just don't know it… or maybe I’m not worthy of having Zayn nap beside me… But, either way, I really appreciated him caring for me...

- - - - - - -

A/N: Sorry it's short, and sorry I haven't updated in forever. Anyways, THE GIANTS WON!!! Oh, how was Halloween? :) I got lots of candy! It rained where I live though, sigh. Anyways, I hope you guys liked this small, itsy, bitsy, memory... Thanks for reading, commmeting, voting, and/or fanning. The comments on the last chapter were so sweeeeeet thank you so much for commenting guys, I love reading your guys' feedback, that's probably my favorite part about writing, reading the comments, they honestly make me so happy when nothing else doesn't. ♥ Love you guys. ♥

[[did you hear the 2 full leaked songs? + the 25 second previews? & The Little Things video ++ the Liam twitcam! Such an eventful day! Now an update :o haha bye :) love you guys!]]

EDIT: So, sorry for the age confusion. I'm sorry! You guys are wonderful at noticing such small details! Thank you!