Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Niall’s POV - PAST

I was lying on the couch wearing my Nike shorts and no t-shirt, but instead covering my bare torso and my legs with a soft, brown blanket. I was watching a soccer match when I got a phone call from a restricted phone number. I hesitantly picked up the phone hoping it wasn’t a prank call from silly teenage girls because I wasn’t in the mood for that now.

I sighed heavily after I answered so whoever was calling new they were annoying me, “Hello?”

“Niall, hey,” The other line said.

“And this is…?” I asked sitting up tensed because I didn’t recognize the voice in the other line.

“Have I really been gone in Bradford for that long, it was only three years, mate,”

“Zayn! What’s up, why are you calling in star six seven?” I asked letting my hearing be deafen so I could pay closer attention to the game.

“Pay attention to me, I have a problem,” Zayn said.

“What’s up?” I said not really paying attention.

“Are you watching a soccer match? Whose playing?”

“Ireland versus your kind, we’re going to beat your ass just so know,” I said, a smirk forming in my face.

“You wish, anyways, mute the TV for a second, please, for me,” Zayn begged, “Besides, I’m at a payphone, that’s why it’s a restricted numbers,”

“Why are you at a payphone? Why can’t you use Harry’s phone?” I asked focused on the game not muting the TV.

“That’s the problem and mute your damn TV Niall, I can hear the narrators in the background,” Zayn groaned, I knew he was rolling his eyes annoyed.

“Fine,” I grumbled and clicked the ‘mute’ button on the control, “Make this quick, go on,”

“I need a house to stay at,” Zayn said bluntly.

“Well, that was unexpected… What happened between you and Harry, did you guys get in an argument?” I asked.

“Worse,” Zayn replied.

“What happened?” I asked and went from my sitting stance to a lying down position.

“Well,” Zayn sighed and went on, “Harry found out Liam and I were dating and well, he kicked me out and wants me to take an airplane back to Bradford, but that won’t happen,”

“Because you have to be mister hopeless romantic and get your boy back,” I finished his sentence in an annoying, high pitched teenage girl voice.

Zayn stayed quiet for a while, “Pretty much… I mean, you should’ve seen the heartbreaking look in Liam’s face. We didn’t even say bye to each other, I can’t just leave like that… That… That wouldn’t be right… It wouldn’t be fair to him… He deserves so much better… Harry has a point you know? Liam doesn’t deserve me… He deserves some one way better… I’m… Me. Zayn Malik. The man whore, ‘that already slept with everyone here and everyone in Bradford.’ I mean, Liam’s look was just so sad… He just waved at me weakly and shiny, transparent tears were slipping from his eyes and it made my heart feel so… so… hurt…”

“Wait, hold the hell up, who said that?” I asked my fists clenching and unclenching.

“What? That I’m a man whore that sleep with all of England?” Zayn asked weakly.

“Y-Yeah,” I said sadly, Zayn didn’t deserve to hear such harsh words.

“The asshole that told Harry,” Zayn responded blankly.