Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I was in the car with Zayn driving up to the cabin where Niall, Louis and Harry were. The view was surprisingly wonderful. If you looked out the window you would see such a beautiful scenery, it was made up of trees, birds, building, roads, cars and humans. I was looking out the window with my chin on my hand, and my elbow was propped on the door. I was unaware that Zayn was stealing quick glances at me, but then I caught him looking at me and I smiled and felt my cheeks burn a bit. Zayn placed his hand on my thigh and slightly squeezed it, I smiled feeling my eyes squint and placed my hand on top of his. I played with his fingers, lifting them up and fidgeting with them while I looked at his profile. His jawline and his eyes are literally my weakness. They made my stomach turn around and grow butterflies. I bit my lip and looked at the road ahead.

****

“We’re here babe,” Zayn’s husky voice whispered in my ear.

I peeled my eyes opened, yawned and stretched in my seat; my back cracked satisfyingly. I looked at my surroundings; it was dark outside, very dark. How long was Zayn driving for? I looked back and saw Zayn’s gorgeous face looking down on me.

“Hey,” He whispered.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned yet again. We both got out and then I held Zayn’s hand tightly. Everything was so dark! I could feel my heart beat pounding uncontrollably in my chest. My hands felt sweaty and every time I looked at the woods that were surrounding us I couldn’t help, but feel uneasy. You never know what could be out there watching you and it was quite terrifying.

“Li,” Zayn stopped in his tracks and turned me so I looked at him, but I didn’t instead I looked at the ground, “Li, look at me what’s wrong?”

Zayn dipped his head, so he could connect his golden eyes with my brown ones. “What’s wrong babe?” He stroked my cheek softly with his free hand; it made my spine feel tingly, a good kind of tingly.

I looked at the ground and shuffled my feet, “It’s-It’s just… I’m slightly terrified of… of the woods… I don’t know…” I played with the bottom of my shirt and held Zayn’s hand tighter, “Like… you just never know what’s out there… What’s out to get you…? Those mammals are mad,”

Zayn held my other hands so we were basically a little circle, both our hands together and we were facing each other… It felt nice and comforting. “Look, babe,” Zayn took a step within the amount of space that was between us, so he was closer now, “Nothing is out there, and if there is, I’m here to protect you, I promise,”

I smiled slightly and held his hand while we walked up the hill that led to the isolated cabin.

Three minutes away from the cabin Zayn looked at me seriously with a hint of sadness.

“So… they don’t know about us…” Zayn mumbled.

I looked sadly at the ground and whispered extremely upset, “And that means we can’t have any contact…”

Zayn nodded quietly and stroked my hand with his thumb.

I clenched my jaw and swallowed the lump on my throat, I shifted the weight on my foot and nodded strongly, “Okay, if that’s what it takes to be with you, I’ll do it,”

Zayn bit his lip and looked at me cupping my cheeks, “I’m sorry, babe,”

“It’s okay,” I said looking at him with a distant look, “I know they’re a bit… judging… And they’ll probably judge me… and mostly you… But, if it’s what it takes to keep a safe relationship, I can handle it.” I smiled weakly.