Sixteen

I was thrown in a cell that was next to Daylan, he seemed smug to the fact that I was also in here. It was so dark other than the small window in the room that had a little bit of light coming through. I didn't know what to do so I sat down on the dirty floor and just sat in silence. I tried to link Kyle but he had me blocked and so I knew that he wasn't going to talk to me so I just sat there in my own thoughts. If I died today then I couldn't see my family again and they wouldn't know that their daughter is dead, what was I going to do. I knew that the council word was final so I would be killed today. 

"How does it feel" Daylan asked 

"What?" 

"Knowing that you are going to die" 

"Leave me alone." I didn't want to show him that the knowledge of my appending doom was affecting me and my mate was not talking to me. Was he fine with this, was he wanting to be mated to the woman's daughter. 

"I can't,  You see I'm not to fawned with my last day alive and not getting to see my child grow." 

"That is your own fault." 

"You don't know the first thing about me little breeder." he growled. "I may not be perfect but I was happy with the knowledge of someone loving me unconditionally." I don't know why but his words hit a note. I didn't know him or how he was brought up, someone like that must have been alone for the majority of his life. 

"Why do you drink so much?" I needed to know even though we are on the same boat but I needed to get my mind off what was happening and I feel like he was the same. 

"My father was not a good man is all I'm going to say, my mother left us and became a rouge to get away from him." 

"Was he abusive towards the both of you." 

"Not at first, he was hurt very badly where his wolf couldn't heal cause they laced there claws with some mutated wolfsbane" he continued "Since his wolf was not healing him like he was suppose to so he lost his job as a warrior and that is when the drinking started and the beatings." 

"Where is he now?" saddened by that. 

"Dead" I don't know but I was afraid to ask him "I killed him after my mother left" I understood him a little better, some people are affected by the things that happen to them. I had a friend that was raped by her best friend and I could see her decline into herself until she moved away and I never heard from her again and the guy went to jail. 

"Is that why you started to drink" 

"You could say that" 

I was silent for a moment so he wasn't a complete ass but just a jerk. "Did you have names picked out." 

"Yes, her name was going to be Rose after my mother" 

"Pretty" 

"Yeah I know," We sat there and just talked you could see the sun starting to lower cause the light in the cell was slowly going away. The door to the cell opened and you could hear keys. The door next to me opened and I could hear a man state that Daylan needed to follow him. I wanted to cry cause it was starting. My door opened up and there stood a man telling me to follow him. I got up off the ground and dust myself off, here we go. 

I followed after Daylan the guy and my heart was beating a mile a minute. I wasn't going to show them I was weak so I kept my head up and walked. We walked from the house to the woods that led to a stage that I have never seen before and it looked terrifying you could see dried blood on the wood. The pack was all there and they were looking at me walking by, they bowed their heads. Some part of me was happy by that at least I knew that they saw me as part of their pack. I could see the council members standing in the front of the stage and were awaiting for us to come up there. We stood in front of them. 

"You both have broke the rules of the pack and are hereby sentenced to death. Do you either have anything you would like to say." I was afraid if I opened my mouth I would lose my backbone. I looked around and could see everyone but the one person I wanted to see. I tried my link but he didn't open up his link. I guess I have my answer. 

"Mr. West you will go first" with that they led him to the front of the stage and ripped off his shirt and made him go down on his knees. The man behind me moved over him I could see his hand turn into a claw, it was so fast the man grabbed Daylan by the neck and slashed his blood squirted everywhere including on me. He went limped on the stage and then other came over and grabbed each limb and yanked. I wanted to faint that was going to happen to me. I tried to breath but the smell of blood was so strong. 

"Now your turn" the pushed me onto the stage and I tried not to slip on the blood that coated the stage. I stood there and I waited for them to start. I could fill the man come closer to me and  put his hand on my shoulder. He lowered me onto my knees and then put his hand that still had wet blood on them in front of my neck. I closed my eyes and whispered a prayer for my family. 

A loud growl and chaos is what greeted me when I reopened my eyes. The pack had moved and now were standing in front of me and putting a block of people to keep the council members at a distance. The man who was standing next to me was no longer in front of me but lying of the ground and I couldn't tell if he was alive or dead cause of the pool of blood on the ground. Gentle hands grabbed my shoulders and yanked me up, turning around to see Kyle standing there. 

"Sorry for being late." 

"It's fine, Let's not let this become a thing." 

"Deal" 

"Alpha Black, what is the meaning of this" The council woman yelled. 

"Council Member Eden, I'm sorry but I will not allow you to harm my mate and if you try again I will kill you by the rule of the Moon Goddess." She was silent. "I see you have read the old testaments." 

"Yes," He stood forward. "Yes and it clearly states that you cannot remove ones mate without starting a war. The Moon Goddess made sure that it mates are protected by the law of our nature. My pack will protect their Luna with their lives. That made me look up at him shocked, I didn't want anyone to get hurt on my account. I pushed past him and stood in front of him. 

"Everyone stand down, you will not put yourselves in danger for me. I'm grateful for the thought but you all have families that would be lost without you if you were to get hurt." No one moved and I was proud and scared for all of them at the same time. 

"Alright Alpha Black I will let this go and allow your Luna to live." 

"Thank you" with that he bowed his head. "Now that everything has been resolved please take note that it would be in everyone's best interest that you please leave our grounds. As it is in my right"  The council decided to leave back to their park cars and leave the grounds. I don't know but I couldn't stand any longer I dropped in front of him. Kyle quickly picked me up off the stage and walked back to the pack house. 

"Are you alright." 

"I don't know where all my energy went but I think I could take a long nap." 

"After a shower." Looking down at my blood red hands. Poor Daylan even though we weren't on the best term but for him to die like that was beyond my mind could take. I think I will have to talk to Mariah about what I had learned and see if she would allow the baby to have the name he picked. After we reached the house and into our room he took me into the bathroom and into the shower and started to remove my shirt. He went for my bra clips but I stopped his hands. Even though he has touched them but I wasn't sure about allowing him to see me naked as of yet. 

"Sorry" he stepped back. 

"No it just I'm not really sure if I'm ready for you to see me in my birthday suite." he giggled. 

"That is why I love you" 

"How come." he shock his head and turned around and walked out the room. Laughing as well, I stripped and took a shower watching the blood run down and into the drain. I'm literally washing someone off me and all I wanted to do was cry. I could have died and for what. I wouldn't be able to see my family, I wouldn't be able to see Kyle or any of the pack ever again. I put my head fully under the water and cried my heart out.