Eleven

We reached pack ground Kyle was standing outside waiting for the car to come park. Jumping out the car. 

"So did she make you by the whole mall." 

"Almost." I whispered. Forgetting that she could hear me. 

"For you information I went easy on her." I laughed at her dramatic exit. Kyle grabbed the bags and headed inside. As I followed him into the house, it was loud some teenagers were sitting inside the living room playing a card game of Phase Ten. I grinned walking over to them, they quickly noticed me and stood up. 

"Luna" they all said. 

"You can call me Claire." Looking down at the table "So whose winning!" 

"I am" a younger looking boy who stood next to me. 

"Oh so is there a way can I join." they seemed shocked. 

"Sure, Luna" 

 "It's Claire." then I sat down everybody was silent for as long as we sat there. I got to get their names the boy next to me was Gabe, Winston, Ruby, and Kathy. After the first phase they started to loosen up. Ruby skipped me and I gave her a fake mean facial expression and she freaked out. 

"Luna, I'm sorry can I take it back." 

"Oh I'm just playing with you go ahead." I wasn't winning but I was a close second. Winston was fist place and was shoving it in our faces. Kyle came back down and sat next to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"You like to play phase ten." 

"I used to play with my family before everything happened." 

"Who would win?" Ruby asked. 

"Normally my mother would win but then we found out that my mother and father would trade cards under the table." We all laughed. As the game continued we enjoyed stories about my family, here came the end of the game Ruby won and I came in third place. Kyle informed me that he was headed for a call and he would be back. 

"I'll be up in the room putting away my clothes." 

"See you in a little." with that he left, I wonder if the call was about my family. Once there I grabbed the nearest bag and started to put clothes away, my mind went back to Mariah. I wondered who her master is and who was going to be her next breeder. Some part of me needed to see her again but I was terrified of seeing another breeders master, but I needed to see her. 'Kyle I heard that there is another breeder in the pack named Mariah.' 

'Yes, why?'

'I met her at the mall and I would like to meet her again.' he didn't answer back, I was worried that he didn't hear me. 'Claire, you cannot meet her. I'm sorry.'

'Why?'

'Cause I need to keep you safe and some other things I cannot tell you.'

'Like?' 

'The answer is no Claire and that is final.' then the link went silent. I have been known to be stubborn but I was worried Kyle and I haven't really been together long but I mean he seemed like a man that wouldn't be petty and harm me. Deciding that I would find out where she was located, heading downstairs I tried to find anyone that I could ask. I walked into the living room and Gabe and Ruby they must have been mates or just a couple but I found them in a very intimated position. 

"Luna... Sorry" Gabe stated. 

"Hey, um I need to ask you I know their is another human name Mariah, Do you happen to know where she stays." they looked at one another then shook their heads. 

"Look I know when people are lying to me, just tell me."

"Sorry Claire but the Alpha has stated that we are not allowed to tell you." Nodding my head. He wanted to play his game. "Ruby you don't have to tell me but I will go and knock on every door there is just to find her." I could tell that she wanted to tell me but couldn't "How about this just give me a direction." Gabe held her hand and pointed North, "Thanks, oh by the way don't say nothing to Kyle." They nodded their heads and walked away. Now I had a direction on to finding Mariah. Once outside I just headed North it didn't take long in finding the houses. They were smaller than the pack house but they were big. I stood there trying to come up with a better plan than me knocking on each door. The sun was started to fade behind the trees so I knew that I didn't have long before the sun was gone completely. Deciding to go ahead and try the first house on the block knocking a couple of times when no one answered I moved onto the next one. I was down three houses before someone finally answered their door. 

"Yes, can I help you?" it was a teenage girl. 

"Um yes, my name is Claire I was looking for Mariah is she here." 

"I'm sorry but you have the wrong house she is a couple of houses down." Turning to look down the road. 

"Thank you?" Before I could leave the girl stopped me, 

"How do you know her?" 

"We're friends," Giving her a genuine smile and waved goodbye and headed down the road. Standing in front of the house it didn't look like any one lived there due to the yard looking like no one kept it up. Walking onto the porch I took a deep breath before knocking. The do "or opened and there stood Mariah from her expression I knew that I was the last person she was expecting. 

"Claire?" opening the door further "What are you doing here?" 

"Well I met a new friend and wanted to get to know her a little better." It was a lame excuse but it was better than the after nature. "Is this a bad time." 

"Um" she turned her head to look back in the house. "I can spare a few moments." she came out and shut the door. I have watched plenty of shows and by the way she was acting her living arrangements wasn't safe. 

"So Mariah, I need to tell you something." 

"What" as she sat down on the porch step. "Well I lied to you about who I am." she looked at me with a brow arched. 

"Okay, who are you really." 

"The truth is I'm a breeder but my master that bought me was my mate as well." showing her the bite mark on my neck. 

"Who is he?" 

"He is the..... Alpha" 

"The Alpha" she shrieked "The Alpha is your mate!!!" 

"Yes." 

"So that would mean that your the new Luna" 

"Correct again." smiling hoping that I could ease the tension. 

"So your not a breeder no more." 

"I'm sorry." 

"No Luna that is fine." I could tell by the tears falling down her face she wasn't fine.

"Mariah you can call me Claire." patting my hand onto hers. "Look you need to tell me what is truly going on here." she was silent for just a moment then she turned to look at me. 

"Help me, Please." grabbing my hand 

"With what exactly." 

"I...I don't want to be a breeder. I don't want to allow my baby to be taken from me then shipped off to the next male." I could feel for her the thought of allowing my child to be taken from me over and over again I would just lose my mind. Giving her a hug so that she could tell that I really cared. I hoped that I could do something.