Seven

"Shaelyn please stop, its just a picnic I don't need to put any makeup" complaining even before finding out about shifters I hated putting on make up. Lori would have to takle me down just so that I would look nice for pictures.

"Claire don't worry I'm not putting on a lot just a little bit." as she brushed along my cheek. Smiling at myself

"So Shaelyn are you going with anyone"

"Yes I am, My mate Authur"

"Oh you have a mate I didn't know that"

"We have been together for three years now"

"Congrats" I have never met him but from the facial expression she was truly happy being with him. I wondered if Kyle and I would be like that, would we grow old together.

"Claire, only think about the now not whats going to happen." I turned to look up at her, how did she know what I was thinking. Could she read my mind. She smiled and continued to do my make up. "Anyone can tell what you are thinking about love."

"Good to know," watching myself in the mirror I was extremely nervous my heart was beating so fast inside my chest but I couldn't calm down knowing that I would be seeing Kyle again after our night out. When Shaelyn was finished I looked at myself inside the mirror

"You look great Claire" looking at the white dress, I normally didn't wear white cause I was never graceful so Shaelyn gave me a denim jacket that I could put over it. She lent me some bracelets that went well with it. "Now I think we are the same size in shoes so here" handing me some flats. "Alright lets head down, we are little late but don't worry about it just stick to me or Kyle and you will have a wonderful evening."

"Okay" with that we headed out of my room and down the stairs, you could hear the sounds of laughter and children screaming. Opening the screen door, I stood on the porch a few men that stood close to the porch noticed me and bowed their heads and waited on me to go past them. I followed Shaelyn down the stairs and headed towards the group of women that were laughing about something.

"Shae you finally made it" one girl stated. she turned her attention towards me "Hello you must be Claire"

"Yes that me" extending my hand, she looked down at my hand and back up at me and smiled. she grabbed my hand and shook it. "Nice to meet yah" she released my hands "My name is Lily and these are the girls Janice, Ashley, and Morgan" they all shook my hands. They seemed nice enough.

"So Claire, how are you liking Moonridge" Morgan asked

"So far it's alright" keeping my answer simple. "Are you all mated as well"

They seemed shocked with my question, I was afraid that I had overstepped my bounds some how. "Me and Janice and Morgan are mated but Ashley hasn't found hers yet" Lily answered. Nodding my head thanking the God that I didn't offend them with that question. We stood and talked about their mates and how they met when I felt a tug on my dress to look down to see Phebe. I smiled down at the girl and excused myself.

"Claire can you come with me"

"Oh where are we going"

"Well it's a surprise" alright I stood up and followed her towards a table that had a couple of plates. "I brought you a plate I knew you haven't eaten anything so I got you a little bit of everything." I grinned "Thank you Phebe." with that we sat down and ate. She told me that she loved to draw and play with the other kids.

"Luna" she called me, I didn't know if I should answer but she seemed a little uneasy "Yes"

"Can I come and visit you sometime" I smiled "Phebe you can come and visit me anytime okay"

"I can" she screeched, "Yes" with that she gave me a hug. We ate the rest of our food and then she introduced me to the other kids that she like to play with. When I felt the hairs on my neck stand up I turned around to see Kyle standing behind me. "I have been looking for you"

"Well I have been here" pointing to the kids. "Did you need something"

"Yeah could you come with me I have some people that would like to meet you" grabbing my hand and we walked back to the group of talking people. They bowed their heads and looked at me "Luna"

"Hello" still not used to the name. "Claire these are my parents" in front of me stood the people that have watched me from the walls. They both seemed happy since Kyle introduced me.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Black" holding out my hand. Mrs. Black smiled "Oh honey you don't have to call us that you can call us Penny and Johnathan" she came up and grabbed me into a hug and whispered "Or mom and Dad" when she pulled away my eyes were trained on her. Why would I call them mom and dad then I remembered that I was Kyles mate and these were his parents.

"Um thanks....Penny" feeling awkward. She turned her head towards Johnathan and leaned against him "It was nice to meet you as well Mr. B.... Johnathan"

"You as well, I'm so happy my son has met a lovely Mate. See son I told you that you would find what you were looking for there"

"Yes Dad I know" rolling his eyes.

"So Claire I hear that Kyle is going to help you find your family is that correct" Johnathan asked. I was completely unprepared for that question.

"Um yes he has offered to help find them"

"That is wonderful to hear" Penny stated, "Oh Claire I cannot wait to have our girl's days."

"Mom what about your girls day with Shaelyn" Kyle stated with annoyance.

"Oh you mean that daughter that complains about almost everything that I grab for her" she looked down at me "Maybe I will have a true mother daughter day with Claire." I smiled at her, She reminded me of my mother and how she would force me to try something on when we went shopping at the mall. I wanted to tell her that I would be no different than Shaelyn but I didn't want to offend her in any way. "That would be nice maybe we could invite Shaelyn as well"

Penny started to pout a little but Johnathan held her arm and kissed her check "That would be a wonderful idea Claire." with that Penny nodded her head and with that she turned around to call Shaelyn over.

"Hey you called"

"Hello dear where is Author" Johnathan asked.

"He is out patrolling that border"

"Okay, so your mother wants to ask you a question" Shaelyn's face was priceless she looked like the world was about to end or she was about to enter a haunted house. "No, Absolutely not"

"You don't know what we were going to ask you" Penny whined.

Kyle nudged me forward, I snapped my head up to see the begging expression he was giving me. I didn't need their mind link to know that he wanted me to say anything. Taking a breathe and turning my attention towards the two. "Shaelyn it's for me" Both women stopped talking to stare at me "What?"

"Your mother knew that I didn't have enough clothes so she wanted to have a girls shopping day and I had asked if we could invite you along so that we could get to know one another better." I waited on her answer and I didn't know I was holding my breathe until I felt an arm pull me back. The sparks that was hitting the spot on my back made my hairs on the back on the neck rise. I felt safe and comfortable in his arms,

"Claire are you sure" She asked me worried.

"Yea, please" giving her a smile.

"Okay alright." with that Shaelyn left and Kyle pulled me away and we headed away from the group. We headed back into the house and up the stairs coming to his room. I was worried what he was about to do. Once inside he sat us down on his bed, my heart was beating out of my chest.

"Calm down Claire." Nodding, "The reason why I brought you up here is because I wanted to talk to about marking you" I don't know why but the people outside became silent. All I could do was stare at him like what I thought we were going to try this slow.

"Marking!"