Twenty-four

Being stressed out was not a pretty look on me, Shaelyn and Morgan was helping me with getting ready for the ceremony tonight and I wasn't really here to enjoy it. All I could think about was Lori and my parents. I hated lying to Kyle but I was still afraid of letting him know that I got to meet my sister and all.  If she tried to get me and take me to see my parents would I go willingly or would she have to kidnap me. I didn't want to be apart from Kyle but they were someone that I haven't seen for months. I was stressed to the max, Penny had to take over the decisions regarding the ceremony cause she noticed that I was not feeling up to it. I haven't seen Kyle for more than a day and I was informed that I was not going to see him until the ceremony, it was tradition. 

"Claire!" Shaelyn screamed behind me, 

"Yeah, what did you say" 

"Honey what is the matter, we have been calling you for a minute know and you haven't even took notice." 

"I'm sorry, just thinking about something" 

"About what" Morgan asked coming over to sit next to me. "You can talk to us if you need an ear" 

"Thanks for the offer but this is something that I need to figure out" 

"Well the offer still stands love." she stood back up and walked over to the bed that the dress was laying on. I looked up to see Shaelyn who looked like she was not buying it. I was not going to be bothered with her death stare right now. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Morgan did a really good job with my hair and makeup. 

"So do I need to be dressed now or do I need to wait." 

"That is up to you, Do you think you can keep clean until it is time."  Morgan stated. I smiled at her reference. 

"I think I can manage." With that I stood up and put the gown on me and turned around to see myself fully dressed up. I just stood there in aww, was this me. The person looking back at me was radiant. As I looked at myself I could see the single tear falling down my cheek, even though this is suppose to be the most happiest moment for a Luna. All I could think about was how I wished my mother was here. 

"Claire?" Looking over my shoulder Morgan and Shaelyn were looking at me. I guess they could see the tears. 

"Honey are you sure you don't want to talk about it." Shaelyn asked in concern. 

"To be honest with the both of you, All I'm thinking about is my family." 

"Kyle will find them for you" stating with facts. 

"I know" wiping away the tears "Its just that my mother will never know that I looked like this." 

"Claire, first honey calm down." Morgan spoke. "How about we take a pictures, so that she will get to see you." 

"Really" confused, I knew that ceremony was their sacred tradition. "Would that be okay." 

"Yes and I have already spoke to Kyle in regards." 

"When?" 

"You keep forgetting that you are mated, He could feel your emotions and asked what was the matter." 

"Why didn't he just ask me himself." Slightly annoyed. 

"Not allowed." forgetting about that. 

"Okay, well then thank you for telling him and I would be grateful if you could take pictures." 

"On it, Now I need to go and find a camera." With that Morgan left the room and I was alone with Shaelyn who seemed little off. 

"Shae" 

"I can feel that there is more upsetting you, are you really okay." 

"To a point" knowing that they could tell if I was lying. "Just have a lot on my mind and I need to figure out what to do about it." She was silent for a moment and then nodded. She turned around and grabbed her phone and walked over to me. 

"Might as well take a photo with my soon to be sister in law." she leaned over and took the photo. She reminded me of Lori, she loved to take a picture but I wasn't in to all that mess. Once I was fully alone in the room, I sat down and just looked at myself. Tonight I would fully become the Luna and I was happy about the news. The people here treated me with kindness and I was grateful and I wasn't going to show them any tears. So I wiped the single tear away and smiled. There was a light knock on the door, wondering who it was . Opening the door to see a very happy Phoebe. 

"Phoebe! what are you doing here." allowing her to come into the room. 

"Well I asked to see if I could keep you company and I was granted an hour." 

"That's nice of them." with that she started talking about how I looked like a princess and that I was marrying her prince charming. I laughed at the girls dreams of marrying her prince charming. "Phoebe I hope you find your prince charming when you get older" 

"I better cause I don't like being alone" she looked down to her shoes. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

"How about this you can be my little sister and I can be your big sister." 

"Really!" she squeaked. 

"You betcha." she jumped up and down screaming that she finally has a sister. We sat down and talked about what it was like growing up. Before I knew it, it was finally time for the ceremony. "Okay Phoebe I think you need to head back to the group" 

"I'm so excited, I will see you later Claire." 

"Bye." with that she left me alone but not for long. Shaelyn came back and was now telling me that I would need to follow her. Taking on last look at myself in the mirror we walked out of the house and headed down a lit up path. I smiled. 

"I have to tell you that my brother has really wanted this night to be special." Shae stated. "All you have to do is walk straight and be proud to be a our Luna and his mate." 

"Thank you" 

"What are sisters for." with that we walked on. The woods were dark but the light from the moon above was beautiful. As we went deeper into the woods I could finally see some flames ahead. I took a deep breath and walked with confidence. Everyone in the pack stood and bowed their heads once I was clearing the trees. Shaelyn stopped and turned, she bowed as well "Luna this is were I leave you." with that she walked away from me and I turned back to the path that was lit. At the end I could see Kyle standing there smiling. I headed forward, as I past members they smiled and bowed. I could see Mariah holding a newborn baby and she smiled. As I walked further ahead I could see Phoebe who was grinning up to me, I gave her a slight wink. Shaelyn and Morgan and there mates where standing there smiling and bowed their heads as I past. I finally reached the front of the pack where Jonathan and Penny stood. Penny came over and gave me a hug 

"Welcome my dear." with that she stood back and allowed her mate to come forward. "You look beautiful my child." he stated and with that he offered up his arm so that he could help me up the stairs. Once I was there Kyle walked over and took my hand into his and headed to the center of the stage. He smiled once we were there. 

"Hello everyone tonight we will be introducing our Luna into the pack." He turned to me 

"I Kyle Lee Black accept you Claire Elise McDowell to be my mate and Luna."

"I Claire Elise McDowell, accept you Kyle Lee Black to be my mate and Alpha." turning to the crowd. 

"I welcome you to our Luna" raising our joined hands and the crowd cheered and howled into the night. Now to the worse part of the night..... Blood.