Five

I have been here in Redline Moon for two weeks and I barely left my room. Kyle would try to get me to follow him around his home but I would come up with an excuse as to why I didn't want to leave. I was afraid that I would find myself liking this place way too much. Shaelyn always came up and talked to me and asked if I would like to go out for a movie but I kept telling her that I would like stay here. As I laid on the bed watching the shadows dance across the ceiling I knew that it was close to dinner time so I just waited on the knock telling me that dinner was ready. There was a slight knock on the door

"Come in" still laying on the bed.

"Claire," turning my head to see Kyle "Can I come in"

"Sure" deciding that I should sit up. He came in and sat on the bed.

"So I need to ask you something and I would like your honest answer."

"Yes" he took a deep breath "So you have been here for two weeks and I know that you want to keep yourself at a distance from us but I want you to understand that I wont force you into anything." confused as to what he was trying to ask me but I just stayed silent and waited on him. "So we are going to be having our annual cookout tomorrow so that the pack has a chance to relax and celebrate the new year."

"Okay," Then I had a horrible thought "Wait you want me to cook for you guys."

"No, I want to ask you as my.... date" I sat up straighter was he really asking me out on a date.

"Why would you ask me." I was always wondering why I wasn't being treated like a breeder. I know Shaelyn and Kyle have told me that I wasn't a breeder but I was wondering why was I so special. "Tell me the truth Kyle why did you buy me, what made me so special."

he was silent, when he looked me in the eyes I could tell that I was finally going to get some answers. "The reason why I bought ..... I mean why I needed to get you is cause you Claire are the person I have been looking for"

"What do you mean the person you were looking for"

"Well you see..." He looked at me and then back down. "Your my mate Claire"

"Mate?"

"Yes mate, it's a term that we use when talking about our soulmate."

"So you were looking for your soulmate."

"Yes, and I have found her" I sat there looking at this guy thinking to myself that I have trully have ended up in the twilight zone. So instead of being the breeder to this guy I'm his soulmate. I feel like there isn't really a difference in the two. I would have to still be with him to have his children. He sat watching me waiting on something and I couldn't really figure out what he expected. "Kyle, I really don't know what to say to what you are telling me." patting his shoulder "I need some time to process what you are telling me."

"How about this why don't we go out, just the two of us"

"Where?"

"I have a perfect place that I like to go to, that way you can have some time to think and ask any other question" clearly confused maybe I should go with him. I mean what else do I have to worry about. "Alright, should I bring a jacket."

"I would just to be on the safe side" getting up from the bed I headed towards the closet of clothes that Shaelyn had brought the second day I was here. I froze as I was grabbing the jacket turning around. "Um.... What about dinner"

"I already have someone packing us a basket to take with us."

"Great" with that I followed him downstairs and there stood a guy with a basket and a great big smile. "Here you go Alpha" handing him the basket and stepped aside. As I walked by he lowered his head. I followed Kyle until we reached the edge of the woods he turned towards me and seemed a little hesitant.

"What?" worried that he had forgotten something.

"Well the place we have to go is a bit far and I now that with the sun going down if we walked it would take us hours so I was wondering if you would allow me to carry you."

"On your back" tilting my head curious.

"Yes"

I thought about it and glanced at the sky and It was starting to get darker "Fine," he turned around and lowered down until he was kneeling down on his knee. I was hesitant for a second and just shrugged it off and slowly got on his back. He stood up and was still holding the basket, as he started to head into the woods a funny image came to mind that I couldn't stop the laugh from coming to mind.

"Why are you laughing." I didn't want him to think I was a weirdo, when I didn't say anything he just stopped and just stood there.

"What are you doing" worried that he saw something. "Please tell me what is on your mind," He turned enough where I could see his side of his face. His eyes look like they were turning into silver with the light from the moon shining through the trees above. It made him look like a God, he still didn't move and I didn't like just standing there in the middle of the woods with food for any animal to come searching.

"Fine I will tell you but you will have to move." taking a step forward I was happy that he was walking again. "Alright so don't take this the wrong way but I was laughing about how we were looking."

"I don't understand"

"Well if you ever have saw the first twilight you would see that Edward carried Bella into the woods just like you are carrying me and I started to laugh cause this was everyone's fantasy when the twilight saga came out"

"Oh so were you Team Edward or Team Jacob?" shocked that he even asked that, when he turned his head again he could clearly see the expression. "What I do have a sister, she would be obsessed with those movies." rolling his eyes.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that" I started to laugh again. "So? which one"

"Well Twilight I was a die hard Edwards fan in the beginning and then when the second came out I was lost with Jacob."

"So you chose the wolf" he seemed releaved with that answer. "You could say that fighting with my sister was a challenge. She was Team Edward from start to finish" bringing up my sister made me think about my family and where and how were they.

"So you have a sister" he asked. my throat started to get tight and I could fell the tears build up. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry in front of them. Taking a deep breath and allowed myself to think of away to change the subject.

"How much farther do we have"

"We are almost there and then we can eat" He knew that I changed the subject on purpose but I didn't care. I wouldn't allow them to use me to get to them even though I'm eager to see them again.

"So tell me something about yourself" I don't know why I feel the need to get to know him. He was someone I should avoid but I felt safe with him.

"What do you want to know"

"Well, I know that you have a twin but do you have any other siblings"

"Yes I do they are younger, they live my parents"

"So your parents are still alive"

"Yes they are still alive, they are excited about you" that got my attention. "Why would they be excited about me"

"I told them about you and they are excited to meet you" I stayed silent, watching the trees flying by

"Are we there yet" noticing that the sun was fully gone and now the sound of the nightlife was coming awake.

"You act like a kid" he laughed "Yes we are here" stopping at the edge of the forest edge. He allowed me down what I saw was simply breathtaking.

"I hoped it would be." He headed down the hill towards the lake I just stood there awestruck.