Seventeen

It's been two weeks since the incident with the council and I have to say I'm still worried. Kyle has been understanding that I needed some space to work over my emotions. I knew that I would just lay in bed and sleep but that is not what I was going to do today. I got dressed up and headed down find anyone who would like to hang out with me. I reached the kitchen where I found Shaelyn and Lily talking. 

"Hey" 

"She has risen." Lily said, coming over to give me a hug "I'm so happy that you are finally moving around. We were just talking about coming up and dragging you down here" 

"Thank you for that" coming over to take a seat next to Shaelyn. 

"Are you hungry" She asked me, she wasn't looking me in the eyes and I was starting to get worried. 

"What's wrong" she dropped her head. 

"I can't look at you yet." It took me a moment to realize what she was talking about. We really didn't have the time to sit down and talk about what she walked into. Lily was looking between the two of us and focused on Shae before covering her mouth. Dear gawd did she see it. Lily looked at me and her face turned red then she burst out laughing. 

"I can't believe it," she grabbed her side "You caught your brother" 

"Yes and all I want to do is claw my eyes out." hitting her head on the table. Lily was still laughing, when she sobered up she looked at me "You're freaky. I might have to take some pointers from you." 

"Stop please." felling my face grow hot. "Look I have never done any of that before and so I was just going with it I guess." 

"You guess!" Shaelyn came up and looked at me "Girl what have you been watching," 

"Nothing" 

"We wolves can tell when your lying Claire." she was now smiling as well. 

"I have no clue what you are referring too." I couldn't say that I did watch a porn with a friend and I have to say I was sort of doing what the girl was doing on the screen. I mean the title of the movies were 'Big Tits Freaky Friday' it was weird to say the least.  To hurry and change the subject. 

"Where is everyone it seems more dead today than normal." 

"Oh today is the packs training day, all wolves are to come and train." Lily stated.

"What are you two doing here then." They both smiled "I want to tell you that I would be happy if you have a mental break down every third day so that we can sit here in the nice AC house." Shaelyn said,

"Kyle informed us that we were to stay here and watch over you and Mariah until he returns." nodding my head "Where is Mariah then?" 

"She is now laying down for a little bit, she has been a little down lately and I didn't want to bother her too much." Lily pointed out the room and into the living room where I could see her lying on the couch. Getting up from the seat and headed over to see if she was sleeping or just laying down. Hitting the corner I could see her eyes were closed but I could always tell when Lori was faking asleep. 

"Mariah I can tell hun." was all I said and came over and took a seat. She finally opened her eyes and looked up to me with tears in her eyes. 

"What's the matter." 

"I don't know, ever since that night I can't seem to sleep or anything normal. All I can think about is Daylan and how he might not be dead and would come and kill me and take my baby away." 

"That won't happen and he is really dead." trying not to picture his last moments or I will be bed ridden again. "Look Mariah I need to tell you something and I know that this might not even help but I think you should know." She looked at me with confusion and sat up. 

"What is it?" rubbing her extended belly. 

"Well when I was put into the cells I was next to his and we were able to talk. I don't know if it was cause he was not drinking that he was able to keep on a decent conversation but we talked." 

"About?" I could tell that she was now worrying. "We were talking about his life." 

"And?" 

"Mariah I want to tell you that he did have a past and it was an abusive one. I guess there is no such thing as two different worlds when it comes to being abused. His father was abusing him and his mother until she decided to leave him and go rouge just to get away." 

"She left her child with a man that was hurting him." 

"Yes" I looked up to see Lily and Shaelyn coming in the room and sat down beside her and I. "So he was all alone with a man that took out his feelings on him. Until he couldn't do it any longer." I thought should I tell her all of it but I believe if I did then she could at least understand it all.  "Mariah I guess when he got older and was able to defend himself, he fought his father and...."

"And?" 

"He killed his father Mariah." She rubbed her stomach and stopped looking at me and I could tell that she was thinking. I waited until she was ready to continue. 

"He always thought he was unloved so that is why he wanted to get a breeder. He figured that if he became a father he would have someone who would love him unconditionally." 

"That is not how that works." She stated. 

"I know but what do you do when someone is so broken like he was. He was very happy about the baby and had a name picked out as well." 

"He was happy about the baby!" she laughed. "You must be out your mind, what father would keep drinking even if he was abused." 

"Actually Mariah, He was coming over my home ever since he found out you were pregnant and started to get lessons on how to raise a baby alone and my father told him that he needed to make a choice on if he was going to continue to drink and follow in his fathers footsteps." Lily stated. 

"I guess he was following his fathers footstep." she glared. 

"Not really. I'm pretty sure you humans have a thing about going cold turkey do you succeed in stopping that way." 

"No" she said. 

"Yeah, He would go to the clinic to visit with the doctor and talk it out and slowly stop drinking. So basically he was trying to get sober for his daughter." 

"I have been thinking why he would act the way he did that day and I came up with that he lashed out like that cause he was worried that I was taking her away and leaving him alone again." It took me a couple of days to come up with that information but it all fit. 

"What was it?" confused 

"Huh" 

"The name. What was the name he chose." smiling that she asked 

"He was going to call her Rose after his mother." She sat there in silent, I glanced at the others and waited on what I had no clue but when Mariah spoke again I was going to listen. 

"Thank you for telling me Claire. I will think about it."

"That is all I am asking of you."  with that she got up and walked away. I sat there and watched her leave "Thanks for the help Lily."

"No problem, I wouldn't have said anything if he wasn't trying to change." She got up and turned to look at me "Would you like to come with us." 

"Where?" 

"The training grounds, I have been informed to bring some things to them." 

"Sure." Getting up I followed her to the kitchen to grab baskets of food and weapons. Man as we reached out side and started to walk to the ground I kept thinking damn it was really hot out today.