Twenty-two

Thankfully I was able to take a quick shower and head off to find Penny, some of the pack members were staring at me and I was starting to freak out but I wasn't going to allow them to notice. I found Penny standing in front of the orphange talking to another woman. As I walked up to them they both turned and smiled. 

"There you are my dear." Penny stated. 

"Sorry it took so long I had to take a shower." from that statement both women's grins grew wider. 

"What?" 

"Oh nothing" with that she turned back to the woman "Claire I want you to meet our new worker here at the orphange Jamie" 

"Luna" she bowed her head and smiled. 

"Nice to meet you Jamie, What happened to the other lady that worked here." looking between the two. 

"Oh Freya, she is currently on her way to the neighboring pack to have a meeting regarding a play date with their children" 

"Is that safe." I knew that packs were territorial when it came to it's members so allowing little children to hang out is something I didn't know happened. 

"It's safe, this would be our fourth year doing it. They meet on neutral grounds and have a picnic or a movie night or something of that nature. We as Lunas are the ones that help with the planning and communication with the other Luna." 

"Okay that sounds fun." 

"It is." 

"Claire!!" a voice called out to me. Turning around just having enough time to grab the load that just slammed into me. Dang for a little girl she was strong. Taking a deep breathe 

"Phoebe, long time how are you doing" 

"I'm happy, So I hear that you are now training to be the next Luna." 

"You are correct." 

"I'm so excited for the ceremony. Have you picked out your gown." 

"No but I will be going out with Kyle to go and hunt for one." 

"Really!" Penny shouted behind me, looking back at her. "My son is going shopping with you for a dress." Nodding my head. "Wow he really does love you, He is worse than his sister when it comes to shopping." 

"He can't be that bad" she laughed 

"Claire growing up I would called him my little ninja." I could see him doing something like that. He has snuck up on me on more than one occasions as well. 

"Well hopefully he wont be as bad with me." we laughed and then went into the building, Phoebe showed me her drawings and her school work and the other kids did the same. I sat there and grabbed a book and started to read. I would have to say I was having a wonderful time and I could see Penny watching me and she was nodding her head in approval. After a couple of hours with the kids we said our goodbyes and Phoebe didn't want me to go but I told her that I would find time to come and hang with her and the kids another time. Penny and I headed back to the pack house, as she was telling me on what I needed to know right now and what she would help me with down the road. Kyle was talking to his father about something and it seemed to be really bad cause Kyles eyes had turned black. 

"What is the matter" coming over putting my hand on his arm. He automatically calmed down. 

"Nothing is the matter just some issues with the rogues around the area." 

"Will there be an attack" worried about everyone. 

"No I have doubled up on security and the scots will be keeping an eye on them." 

"Son even though that might be a good idea but I think you need to bring those families that are closer to the border just to make sure that there wont be an attack on them." 

"I understand" with that they finished talking about what should be done, I followed Penny into the kitchen and made a cup of tea and waited. "Is this really bad." 

"Dealing with rogues is really bad. We never know what they are really up too. The last time we had an attack the rogues teamed up with the hunters and killed thirty pack members before we were able to get the upper hand." 

"Oh wow." saddened about losing the members. "So that is why they were arguing when we came in." 

"More and likely, Johnathan had the hardest time with the loss so when it comes to the rogues he is very involved." I could tell. Kyle knew what this was about with his father and allowing him to tell Kyle what to do even though his is the Alpha was what I loved about him. The guys finally walked into the kitchen. 

"Sorry about that, Are you ready to go to the mall" Kyle walked over to put his arms around my waist. 

"Are you sure now is the right time." turning into his arms "What if the rogues are waiting on you to leave" 

"Claire" Turning my attention to Johnathan "Go love, I have everything here in order." Glancing at Penny who was nodding her head as well. 

"Alright then," with that I followed him out and into the car and we headed off. I sat in silence all I could think about was the rogues and what if they attacked and we were not there. 

"Claire the rogues are quiet far from the pack grounds and I will be notified if they changed direction." 

"Yeah I get that but what if they have two groups one that you are following and another to attack." He seemed taken back from what I said. 

"Why would you say that." 

"Well I have watched a lot of movies regarding things like this. If they know that you have someone tailing them then they would use that to there advantage." Kyles eyes hazed over and I knew that he was talking to someone. He came back.

"That is why you are going to be a great Luna. I have informed Tony about your theories and he also thinks that could be correct as well." 

"So shouldn't we turn back to plan." 

"No, We have to get you a dress. I want to spend as much time with you before shit hits the fan." I wanted to talk him out of it but I knew that he was not going to listen. So I just watched the trees fly by.