Twelve

"Mariah calm down. This stress is not good for the baby."  Worried that her emotion would harm the baby.

"Okay" she took a couple of deep breaths, before she spoke again. "Claire, please help me" 

"Let me talk to Kyle." she then shook her head no. 

"He wont do anything more than the agreement that he already has." 

"That was before me." she was silent before she could speak again the door behind us opened and an older man came out. He was holding a bottle of alcohol. 

"Who are you?" he stumbled out the house. 

"My name is Claire." Quickly standing up from the steps. 

"Alright Claire, what are you doing here." Taking another drink from the bottle. The last time I knew werewolves couldn't get drunk unless they were drinking three times the amount. From the smell I could tell that they were close friends. 

I was here to meet Mariah," 

"Why?" 

"We met today and I just got here so I wanted a friend." staying as close to the truth as much as possible. 

"So your a breeder." he smirked. He started towards me. I took a step back afraid of what he might do. "Your a pretty young thing." 

"I'm sorry but I am taken." 

"So is she but with breeders they go where their masters tell them to go." 

"And you think mine would send me to you." now pissed off. 

"Yes he would if I paid for you, you would be mine." he came closer and reached for me. I tried to move but tripped over a pot. He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him and sniffed my neck. 

"Let me go or you will be sorry." trying to remove his arms. 

"Or what?" 

"Or your Alpha is going to rip your head off." He laughed. "The Alpha, he wont do anything." he really must be gone. I knew that his wolf would know that I was the Luna by the smell but I couldn't believe that he would let his human control him this much. Mariah was just standing there not moving, I knew that I needed help so I opened my mind and allowed him full access to my mind. 

"Claire what the...." he came through

"Look yell at me later, help me." with that he was gone but I can still feel his emotion and the anger was so strong I was terrified to even see him. 

"Mariah" trying to get her attention but she seemed to not respond. Worried that he has really done a number on her. I knew that I needed to stall him so that Kyle could come and save me. 

"Look I'm trying to save you, just let me go and we can talk." 

"Oh" with that he released me only to yank me forward on the grass. I landed at an awkward position. Turning so that I was on my back. HIs eyes had turned black telling me that I was now dealing with his wolf. Maybe I could make his wolf see his error. 

"Hey before you do this." removing my hair aside to show him my mark. He seemed frozen. 

"Oh so your the new Luna" 

"Yes and your Alpha is on his way so if you have a death wish continue." 

"Is that a challenge!" what was going on. I thought they had to submit to Kyle, hell even me. Why was he acting this way. "You forgot that your only human." with that he shifted and was not standing as his wolf. He was smaller than Kyle but the marks on his coat told me that he had seen some fights. 

'Kyle you might want to hurry. He has shifted.' 

'I'm here.' Kyle came around from the back of the house with two other wolves, Kyles wolf came to stand in front of me. They growled at one another, I stayed there watching. I felt arms grab me and pull me away, worried about Kyle I fought who ever it was. 

"Luna" I struggled more but the arms wouldn't let me go. So I elbowed him in the face he must have not expected that cause his arms released me. I quickly turned only to find Troy holding a now bleeding nose. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry" helping him back up. "I don't know what came over me." 

"Don't worry, I was commanded to get you and Mariah back to the pack house." Turning back Kyle and the other wolves were no longer in sight but I could still hear the growls coming form the woods. So I glanced back at Troy who was now pulling a weeping Mariah. 

"Do I need to pull you as well or can you walk." 

"God gave me legs so I will use them thank you very much" I headed back to the house but some part of me felt that I have over stepped my bounds. 

"Hey Troy" 

"Yeah" 

"On a scale, how bad is this" 

"To be frank there was a reason why he didn't want you to find Mariah for this very purpose." 

"So?" 

"Luna, I'm afraid even the stars are going to disappear what the Alpha gets a chance to talk to you." Crap. 

Troy dropped me off at my room and took Mariah some where else. What have I done, I haven't even been here that long and I have already started an issue with the pack. I paced in the room until the door opened and in came Kyle who had blood dripping from everywhere. 

"Oh my gawd." Running over. Afraid to hurt him so I kept my hands to my self. Kyle didn't say anything but from his eyes I could tell that I was in deep shit. Damnit Claire if you get out of this alive keep yourself in check. 

"Thank you for saving me." Giving him a peck on the cheek. 

"Claire you really have messed up." he sat down on the bed not caring about the blood ruining the sheets. "Daylan had every right to do what ever he wants to his breeder." 

"Why?" I mean I knew why but not the who would you keep someone that does what he does. 

"Cause every wolf is different, if we find our mates then we can love them. But if they didn't and they buy a breeder to mate with we can't change that." 

"So what's next" taking a seat.

"He will go to the council to state what you have done and ask that I allow him to have you." 

"Even though I'm your mate." 

"Not fully" then I remembered that we would needed to mate. 

"Let's do it" he chucked, but I was dead ass serious. 

"Claire don't worry, just stay here while I get this sorted out." 

"How?" not liking the way he was looking. 

"Don't worry, I'm gonna go take a shower." with that he stood and headed towards the bathroom. I sat there and listened to the sound of the water run all I kept on saying was what have I done.