Eighteen

I have to say watching men fighting half naked was freaking hot. I don't know how but I could see the sweat rolling down their torso and I was just getting even hotter. Lily walked over to her mate and handed him the weapons while I walked over to the nearby table to put down the basket of food. I looked around trying to find Kyle and when I did I couldn't stop myself I just took my shirt off. Damn, it was so freaking hot. 

"Claire, are you okay?" Shaelyn asked. 

"Yeah just hot. Is it normally hot when they are out here." Wiping the sweat off the back of my neck. 

"It could be hotter but I would have to say that the fighting doesn't help with all this body heat." Nodding. I stood there and watched Kyle walk around with no shirt and I have to say I wanted to join him. My body felt like I was on fire and couldn't understood how. One of the guys came over and stood next to me. 

"Hello Luna" My eyes traveled up and down his chest and all I wanted to do was touch it. Sliding my hand just over the little tattoo on his shoulder. I took a step forward in the intent of doing just that. He looked at me with an expression that I couldn't read but I didn't care. He took a step back, his expression changed and this one I could tell it was fear. He was afraid of me, why. 

"Um Lu...Luna, I don't want to die" His eyes turned black all of a sudden, his wolf was coming forward. I should be afraid but I just wanted to be closer to him. 

"Claire?" Turning my attention to the voice it was Lily with a worrying expression. 

"Yes." turning back but the guy was gone. "What" 

"Honey I think we need to get you somewhere safe." 

"Why?" My skin was flushed and I just wanted to cool off. What the hell was going on. I turned back to them but they were looking at something else. Kyle was now coming over to me and his eyes where pitch black and everyone quickly moved away or ran into the woods. What was going on, every step he took made me even hotter. Once he was standing in front of me he slid his hand up my arm and I just about melted. I wanted him closer I took a step forward but he took one back, 

"Damn it," 

"What" Afraid that he didn't want to be near me. "Claire, honey I need you to know that right now you are in the beginning stage of your heat." 

"Heat?" 

"Yes" I could see his hands are gripping his pants to a point of his knuckles turning white. "Like I told you, I have a place where you will be safe from me if you are not ready to be fully mated." I was in heat, I was now able to conceive a child with him. I stood there like a block of stone. Was I ready to become a mother of a shifter, could I do it. I knew that I was attracted to him but was I ready to go the extra mile and fully jump into be a mated female. What if I rejoined with my family would they still love me even though I'm mated to him or would they love their grandchild the same. I guess from the conflict I was having he made the choice for me. 

"Lily, Shaelyn please take her to the room and make sure that it stays lock and don't allow her out." 

"Yes" with that he ran off. I  wanted to stop him but what would I say. I bowed my head and followed them to a cabin that was a bit away from everyone. Was this the place he was going to leave me. 

'It's for your own good, Claire' he linked me. 

'Really'

'Yes, they will stay with you so that you are not alone.' 

'That's nice, how long will this last for' 

'Well I have to say even a normal shifter female becomes crazed after the third day.' Crazed what did that mean really. 

'It means that it took five females to hold her down before we could put in the IV. But with you being a human it might be worse so they will have to give it to you on the second day.' 

'Thank you. So will you be blocking my thoughts when I enter the room.' 

'Yes' I was a little sad about that. 

'Leave it on so that I know that you are there.' 

'Claire I don't think that is wise.' 

'Pretty please with a cherry on top'  he laughed and agreed. Once into the cabin and with the door firmly locked. 

"So I will tell you that we have everything that a woman in heat could ask for." 

"Is my man here" looking around. Their expression was priceless, I couldn't hold in my laughter. "I'm just playing with you guys." falling on the couch. 

"Claire you need to let us know when can't handle the pain." Shaelyn stated.

"How bad was it for you." 

"Let's just say it took them three months just to finish remodeling." she grinned. 

"You" 

"Me I shifted and broke the door before being knocked out." 

"Wow," I sat there and looked at the wall and thought I would have been with Kyle if I had chose to just be mated. I let my fear win, some part of me felt like a wimp to this. I knew that he wouldn't hurt me and I was saving myself for the one that I would call my husband but Is being mated the same as being married. "Since I have chose this how often will I be heat." 

"Since you are human you are little different so we go into heat every time we are having our period. So that is every three months. How often do you have your period." My heart dropped. 

"Every month." 

"Ouch" they both stated.