chapter one P3

One week later...

After I became the CEO of my father's company which they compelled me to take that responsibility on my shoulder which I did, as I'd already guessed, that chair was a stress chair.

Last week the news about me taking over my dad's company fill the First page of all the newspapers in New York and all over America. Every five minutes once they put this video which shows I was entering my office with my black tuxedo with grey coat and coolers, the flash news says, "Breaking news". And the middle-aged woman who is hair was blonde says, "The most handsome man and the former CEO of the Smith Industries, the one, and only Steve Smith, he retired and his son Arjun Smith took over his company. Today he signed his first contract. Let's welcome the new, young and handsome, "THE NEW CEO OF THE SMITH INDUSTRIES, 'ARJUN SMITH"

While I was sitting on that chair for hours and hours, the calls from landlines, the always knocking staffs at my door, even the old women stare at me all the time through the glass wall, the sound of typing and sometimes even had to attend meetings. That was the stressed chair. And I was already started to hating it.

Once I got ready I went dining to the room and sat on my usual seat. Alice served me my breakfast, eggs, and bacon. I took the knife and fork, when I was about to eat, the sound from the doorway made me frozen in place as the distance between the spoon to mouth was just an inch away. As placing the knife and fork on the table I turned my head towards the sound where it was coming from. The voice sounds familiar.

"Arjun, we need to talk." Mom said as she shoved the rolled newspaper on the table in front of me. I didn't realize her presence until then. I didn't mind taking a look at the paper. And I'd never seen her that angry before.

What's the matter?

"Listening or what?" she asked, now the politeness from her voice were gone only angriness.

"What do we need to talk about?" I said.

She crossed her arms and held it against her chest as she took a deep breath and said, "Take a cool look at the first page of this newspaper. You'll love it." She said still her voice was calm and friendly which was even more dangerous than normal. The last time she used this tone to find me where I was hiding after when I broke my elder brother, Rahul's nose.

I sighed.

I took the newspaper as I stared at mom, fury in my eyes. Opening that roll and making it comfortable to get a better letter as thinking that news would be like, "NOW THE YOUNG WOMEN IN NY WERE AFTER THIS NEW HANDSOME MAN, 'ARJUN SMITH", expecting this is what that would be like. But when I saw the first page and read it, my eyes go wide and I automatically gritted my teeth, clenched my fists. My mind says that it wasn't my fault but my heart says that it was my fault.

"Like what you see?" she smiled as she took a seat beside me as placing her legs on her leg. Her smile had thousands of questions and was filled with angriness and bitterness about what I did and when I did.

She didn't say a word.

"How did they find it?" I muttered, still starring at the picture and the title above that.

Only silence.

"Just say something." I groaned.

Finally, she said something but quite not what I'd expected it.

"We are going to India." She said.

"Why are we going to India that makes no sense?"

"Let me complete first." She said clear sharp edge on her tone.

I didn't say anything in return just starring at the same newspaper reading the heading over and over.

"We are going to India and... gonna meet this girl named Anushiya." She said.