Hidden truth comes to bright

ANUSHIYA SMITH

"Why are we here?" I asked Arjun as turned to meet his gaze.

He didn't answer.

"Which place is this?"

"You've to ask which country to be exact." He smirked.

"What!" I gasped.

"Keep quiet you're asking too many questions." He said as placing his finger on my lips.

I jerked but standing still couldn't move.

"Please don't say you're going to murder me in this hotel room."

He took his finger back and averted his eyes from mine.

"Sorry, Anu. But I've to tell you..." he tucked his hands into his pocket as if he was searching for guns. I knew he can't just shot me and pretend I didn't exist.

"What if I took here to kill you and make a scene like a suicidal?" He winked.

I gasped. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm kidding." He said a second later after seeing my sweaty face.

I can't say when he was kidding and when he was being serious because I've never seen him making fun. So it's a little complicated.

He moved to the door to grab the handle and glanced back at me as if he needs to say something. Then he opened the door and when he was about to go I called him.

I knew he wanted to say something I saw that in his eyes. He was eagerly waiting for something to happen.

"I knew you'd come."

He turned to meet my gaze. "I knew... I don't know but I knew you'd call." He said as hugging me tight into him.

I was speechless.

"How can you do this?" he said pulling himself back. "How can you be so normal, mature and patience at the same time Anu? Why didn't you say me? Why didn't you just ask me about me?"

"This may sounds weird but you don't like me then how am I suppose_" he cut me off.

"You saved my grandma!" Ohh. He wasn't talking about that newspaper. He was talking about his grandma.

"I love you!" he literally shouted into my ears.

The second his words hit my ears, a solitary tear trickled down my cheek. This is it. This the first time he was saying this. That he love me. "Are you serious?" I asked.

"Don't you believe me?" he cupped my face.

"Do I have to after what I saw on that newspaper?"

"What? What are you talking about?" he released his hands from my face, guilty.

"You think you can hide that from me forever?"

"Look. I was about to_"

"Who's she?" I cut him off. From when I started getting angry for him. Or is this what they call jealousy? I'm jealous?

"She's my ex. Look I tried to tell_" I gave him that look. "Okay. I never tried, that's true. See this is a long-long story." I crossed my hands against my chest. "Fine! She's my ex Johana. We dated for a while. Then one day she stopped showing up like she broke up with me. I was anxious and heartbroken. That wasn't my first love or my first girlfriend but she'd some place in my heart. Then I took the CEO post after my father's opinion. Then my mom wants to see me married and wanted to fulfill my grandma's last wish. Which you definitely know making you as a daughter-in-law of our house." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"She knew I wasn't ready to get married so she put the whole drama by paying my ex and get some pictures of me and her took while we were dating and published it on the newspaper so that she can threaten me to marry you." He pauses for a second. "And here we are."