chapter nine P2

I left Anu with Anna and Charles and excused them as if I've to take the restroom for a minute. Anu gave me that, "Don't leave me alone" in her eyes, I saw that and it killed me but I told her, "I'll be back," in my eyes and walked away from there.

I dragged Johana to the room where we can talk in private without disturbing anyone or getting caught. I pinned her in the wall holding her neck. I knew she won't say until I give my treatment. "Just say who was behind this," I ordered her. Her face was getting pink.

"I don't know." She said groaning in pain.

"Congratulations on your engagement. And now listen, if you say who is that, I might consider leaving you here with no regret. But if you are still going to keep this secret away from me, don't make me keep flowers on this day each year on your grave." I grumbled.

She shoved my hand away from her neck and coughed. Once after her breathing became normal, "You've no right to hurt me like this. I didn't do anything. How could I? I loved you. I loved you more than anything in my whole life." I frowned.

"Don't lie you... bitch. I knew you only dated me and pretend me for my money. I saw that in your eyes. I couldn't say that earlier because I thought you'd change if I show my love. Until now you didn't change the same you. Now you're engaged to your boss who's top 3 billionaires of New York, Mr. Lee."I laughed a throaty one. "You... you gold digger." I groused.

She slapped me.

"No! I'm not." She was nearly shouted.

I stood there, simply, couldn't do to slap her back and embarrassed of myself. How can I ruin one girl's special day in her life just because she cheated on me? Technically she didn't, she just left me with no reason. Oh, there was a reason "Money," because Mr. Lee has two times my money. I was also no less than him.

I waited patiently, to her side of the reason too. My mom had always told me while we grew up, "You've to see the two-person perspective. Maybe you find the one who you think the devil wasn't totally a devil at all live Ravana so hear them both out before you make your final decision." He words. Ravana wasn't a devil-like we think. He was also a human with all the emotions, love, kindness, and sacrifice for his sister.

"I wasn't in love with you at all. That was true but I'm not a... gold digger either." She said as her eyes welled up in tears. Suddenly I don't know why I felt sorry for her and anger at myself.

"The times we spend together were fine but I didn't have any true feeling for you. I saw you as a friend. That's it. I didn't feel anything further about our relationship so I left without turning back because if I turned around and saw you I've no perfect reason to break up perfectly. And also I wasn't good with hurting others' feelings. If I did hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. I truly am." She wiped her tears.

I felt raining inside the room but it wasn't raining how that even possible. Tears were welling up in my eyes too. Was I crying like a child? I wiped and stand stiff hiding my emotions.

"After leaving you I lost my jobs and my life gets complicated. So I concentrated on my modeling career. And that's when I saw Mr. Lee in a fashion show. She appointed me as his PA and gave me $50,000 monthly. Time passed. And we fell in love and dated. I didn't imagine he'd propose to me today. He told me this was just his success party for..." she pressed.

"Taking away my clients." I finished.

She just stood awkwardly.

"Now say why you leaked that picture? If that wasn't you then who did that shit?" I grew angry after emotional.

"I don't know this is the right place to discuss that. Maybe not now," she said.

"Darling..." we heard a sound and split from there, pretended that I was coming out from the washroom, and walked away from there. Thank goodness that was Mr. Lee. I smiled at him as we crossed our path. That was a close call.