chapter seven P5

ARJUN SMITH

She was unpacking her kind of stuff which she just transferred from her 'ex room'. First, she took her dresses and stacked them in the closet which was near to mine. Then her first bag was emptied and she took her next bag and opened it. She scrutinized it for a moment before her eyes were welled with water. Then she closed without any thoughts and put it aside.

What just made her cry?

I heard some noises downstairs. I thought they were home again. My father doesn't like me whenever I leave in the middle of the meeting. Okay, the meeting was different but this was my reception he'll be going to kill me, not now maybe tomorrow. Being a married man would have lots of discounts. I laughed.

"What?" she asked as confused. That was my question to ask after seeing her with tears. I was such a stupid ass. That was what she must be imagining about me.

"Nothing," I said hiding my smile face and put on a stern mask, as usual.

When I woke and looked at the wall clock it was already half-past six. I scrubbed my eyes and looked at my left-hand side where she was still sleeping beside me. At first, she didn't accept my invitation to share this bed with me. Then I ordered her to feel herself a home and there was this selfishness in there too, because if my parents saw her sleeping on the couch they'd kill me no matter what, they don't need any other reason to kill me more than that.

She was cuddling and hugging her pillow while sleeping, like a child who was scared after watching a horror movie. Her lips were like she was kissing as she took a selfie. Her hair was clumsy. I smiled at her innocence.

She was stretching in that sleeping position like some noises woke her up. Oh, that wasn't some other noise that was me, I thought I was smiling but then I realized I was giggling for no reason and that'd woke her up.

I got out of the room without making any noise and started walking towards my gym. I work out for an hour until I get all sweaty like I was just got out of the shower.

When I got back from my gym I saw her still sleeping. "Such a sleepyhead" I muttered to myself. I thought, before she'd wake up, I've to get ready for that day. So I went to the bathroom and took a hot shower and wrapped the towel around me.

I entered my room and then I was looking for something to wear in my closet. When I took my black suit from the hanger I heard Anu's yawning. I turned around to see her yawning. Yawning has this special motto that whenever someone starts doing it you'd do it automatically, no matter you showered or not.

She was scrubbing her eyes with an open mouth, yawning. She was exactly looking like a kid.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I said, grinning at her.

She was confused why I was grinning and said that. If I was being honest with myself I don't know why I said that out loud. That was supposed to be my mind voice.

"Morning," she said as she stood from the bed. I saw her making the bed. And then she went out of my... no our room.

When I sat on the chair, I saw a hand holding a cup came into my view. I looked up to see, who's that? I saw Anu holding it. I thought she was making coffee for herself but guess what, I was wrong. She made that for me. When she saw that I was still looking at her, she pointed the cup in her hand with her eyes, blinking and widening it. Her eyes were big and if she put some eye kajal in it, I was one hundred percent sure this'd be the beautiful eyes in the whole world. Though, she was still beautiful without any makeup.

I took it from her. She gave me a polite smile as she turned and walked away from that room.

When I get that cup near to my mouth I felt a couple of pairs of eyes on me. I paused and looked up to see my mom and Rahul who's already staring at me with suspicious eyes.