chapter three P3

I decided to take him to the terrace to see the black dark see on the sky and talk under the moonlight that was my favourite place in our house. Instead, I took him to my room to get some private space when I thought about my neighbour aunty, Kamala who's such an All India Radio.

We've been sitting opposite on a chair for the past couple of minutes in my room but neither of us put an effort to start a conversation. My eyes to the floor, as usual, and his eyes to the wall behind me, I guess because he sat straight, leg on the leg and his head straight.

I was ashamed of myself. I still didn't know how he's looking.

"I'm Arjun Smith," When I heard his voice I was getting Goosebumps. His voice wasn't soft, though husky and manly. I can hear the boldness in his voice and see the calmness in his eyes, totally confident about himself.

I somehow collected the bold vibe from him and tilted my head up to see him. His hair was dark, diamond-perfect jawline already stole my heart but I was tried to concentrate to see his eyes. "Anu... Anushiya Vishwanath," I said boldly but a little nervous though.

He tried to say something but I refused and started first. I finally said trying to be bold. But still, I regret that.

He stared at me with a confused look for a minute.

"Go ahead," he said eagerly expecting for me to speak, when he said that, my gaze was lifted from the floor and landed on his eyes. God! Kill me! His eye was deep blue as the sea. "Will you please stop this arrangement?" I said staring into his eye. "I'm not ready to get married." When I said that he clenched his fist but when I saw that he freed his clenched fist. "I'm sorry. I didn't have any guts to say this to my family. So will you please say 'no' to this engagement and make up any reason you want, I won't say a thing. Please?" I requested.

"Why?" he asked, angriness washes through his face. I can see it.

"I need to study further..." I paused as if what if I am honest with him? "I love my passion and wanted to follow that," I said.

"Please?" I requested again.

"I don't know." What? "I think I can do that. Anything else?" he asked sternly.

"No," I whispered, hoping he'd cancel this engagement.

"Good, shall we?" he asked as he stood to form the chair and gesturing towards the door.

When I took a step forward I remembered that he was the one who asked permission to talk in private so he must behave something to say to me, right? So I asked him politely that whether he needs to say or ask from me. He stops halfway through the door and turned around to see me. When I realize he's going to turn I put my gaze on the floor again.

"Nothing," he growled, which made me shiver from the same place where I was standing.

He grasped the doorknob and opened, and held it for me. When he realized that I wasn't looking at him he cleared his throat and lifted my gaze from the floor and saw him holding the door open for me. He was such a gentleman.

He leaned over his father's side and told something in his ear. The smile from his father's face was gone and he looked suspiciously at his son, and then me. My stomach clenched with fear and my forehead was trickling.

What he just said? And why his face became pink?

His father sat straight and cleared his throat.

"Arjun said he liked her and he'd give his hand in marriage." He said smiling at my appa.

What was he trying to prove? Can't he just say that he didn't like me? If he didn't reject me, appa would ask about my hand in marriage. I can't say "no", that's the reason I told him when I got a perfect time. What am I going to do?

"What's your decision da Kanna (Sweetheart)?" appa whispered. I thought for a moment about my amma's happiness and my father's respect. If I refuse to give my hand in marriage, people around our street would start spreading rumours about me and my family. I didn't like the thought of that.

"I'll give my hand in marriage," I said as tilting my head to meet my potential husband's deep blue eyes in confidence.