chapter four P2

When I woke up the next day, I felt something in my heart. Angriness? Sadness? Or happiness? I don't know, maybe the combination of all. I didn't know how to express it. And also didn't know whether I've to hate him for not respecting my decision or like him for not saying anything about that private chat to everyone.

I don't know.

I run my hand through my messy hair and smoothing it. Suddenly my finger was stuck in my hair, never happened to me before. After some ouch and aah, I released my hand from my messy hair and I took a snap look at it. I saw that shining diamond ring on my finger it was sparkling like the bright light from the balcony spread through our room.

I was engaged!

After brushing my hair and teeth, I went downstairs for coffee.

When I entered the kitchen, the cooking amma turned towards me and leaving the cooking to Jo's hand who didn't even know how to boil water, and took a seat with me at the dining table.

"Anu, are you free today dear?" I nodded. "SO, I was thinking..." she pressed as if she was afraid to say what she was about to say.

"What's the matter amma?" I said as I turned my gaze at my sister like suspecting her for no reason because when I see her with my suspicious look, she comes to spit out that what was going on. So I saw her with eye to eye but she ignored me and went back to mixing the carrot.

"We're all going shopping today for your marriage arrangements so we are thinking that what if you join us. It would be helpful when you help us with your decision because we are going out shopping for you and your future you. And also it would be awesome to spend some more time with you Pappu before you get married and move to the US." She put that puppy pouting face. Did she just mention Pappu that was hilarious? She'd only used those nicknames only to make me fall into her trap. And I was also stupid enough to fall for that when I hear those nicknames she discovers from minute to minute.

"Fine," and it worked, again. I accepted to go out with them shopping. "Where are we going?" I asked not at all curious just asking not expecting the answer.

But she gave me one, anyway. "Today, we'd planned to clothe and jewels. Guess what, we only have a week to your marriage. So we have lots of works to do." She said feeling all the hurry and tension about this wedding.

Did I wonder why this much tension and hurry?

That's insane.

Was there anything that we didn't quite understand or see?

Once I finished my breakfast, I went upstairs and got showered and changed into the outfit of the day, and made I was downstairs where amma and Jo weren't ready yet. Before I took a seat on the couch I tucked out my phone from my back pocket and started scrolling down the news feed.

Amma walked towards me and kissed me on the forehead and hold my hand in hers. "Shall we?" she asked as pointing at our front door. I stood to form the couch and we walked to our garage. As I drove we reached the town park and parked our car in that park and we started the walk from there.

After five minutes of walking, we entered Rosy's wedding saree store. They greeted us with their beautiful smile on their lips. They showed us lots and lots and a variety of sarees but my amma didn't seem to like any of those sarees. After four and a half hours in the same store and the same seat, I got bored. If the color matches me, she didn't like the design of it. If she likes the design of the saree, she didn't like the color of it.

Once we finished our shopping, amma said that she wants to show these dresses and jewelry to the aunt, Sammy. She just got from London the other day for my wedding.

Amma showed her all the things that we just bought from stores. I went upstairs to put in attendance to my brother who was sincerely studying. Just kidding! He wasn't that type of a boy he was playing on his play station with headphones on his head. He didn't expect me there. So when he saw me he came straight into my arms and gave me a tight hug.

When Jo came behind me and saw that play station, she joined him and started challenging one and another. I just sat beside them and seeing how they both were good at killing people on games. On the first challenge brother, Akhil, won and Jo's face went dull. On the second, she won and his face went pink in anger. Now they both were on their third challenge and I was already getting bored sitting there watching them killing peoples on that huge screen.

So, I went to another empty room, and sat on the end of the bed and took out my phone, and started reading books online. A few minutes later I didn't feel like reading and when I was about to call Arjun. I got a call from the same number the other day.

I answered the call. "Hello?" I said giving them a chance to speak.

Still, there was no reply as the other day.

I tried to be patient. "Hello? This is Anu..., anybody there?" when I didn't get any response, "Sorry, wrong number." And I hung up.

For the first few minutes, I didn't call anyone or neither of them called me. Suddenly a thought hit me. I've got these mysterious calls. I haven't been in any of those situations before. Next time if I get the same call from that number I'm going to talk them to death. I laughed at my thoughts and went back to Akhil's room to check on them. And thank god I was there on time to see Jo's and Akhil's hands-on each other hair and shouting. I pulled them back and release their hands from each other's hair.

"What the hell is going on? Jo, did you forget that he is your younger brother?" I shouted at Jo because she is the elder one.

"He's such a cheater." She said. "And for your kind information, I'm just three days elder than him that doesn't make me an aunty for him."

She was correct she was just three days elder than him. "Even if you were born three seconds before, you would still be the elder one," I said.

She twitched her nose and looked away from me in irritation.

Suddenly a voice interrupted us. "I didn't cheat. She's the one who killed my people so I killed her." Akhil said.

"No! You killed my people first," Jo said.

"You killed first," Akhil said.

If I stood there for any more minutes I'd have to hospital for my mental strength so, I walked away from there go downstairs to see Sammy and amma who were still scanning the jewels whether it was 916 or a fake.

When Sammy saw me descending the stairs she waved to me, "come sit with us,"

I sat across from them on the sofa. Even then the sound of Jo and Akhil's arguing hear in our ears but still they refused and put their full concentration on the jewels.

"Anu, do you like Arjun?" Sammy asked.

"Arjun?" I said.

Her eyes went wide. Somehow I managed to make that situation cool. "Potential husband, right? How can I call him by his name?" I let out a nervous smile.

"Did you already start caring about your hubby right now?" Sammy asked.

I just blushed and couldn't meet any of their eyes.

Was I?