chapter seven P3

ARJUN SMITH

I was getting ready for the reception and our official media meet. I don't know if she'd attend any meets before. What I was thinking is maybe this was her first time. I've to take her role as well.

I was standing in front of my full-lengthened mirror and turned my head back and forth, left and right to see my perfect jaw-line. I was obsessed with my jaw-line. And shook my head to set my hair with gel until it set in its place. Finally, I put on my black well-polished leather shoe and decided to go downstairs.

When I opened the door I saw Adam's room which she went to get ready with her stylist, was still closed. Past two days she has been staying with Adam because he was getting nightmares. I didn't told give her any space in our room either. So I let her stay in Adam's room. That was okay when mom wasn't around but when we were under one roof she has to stay with me. That was what mom would want.

Maybe she'd thought that she was in that room because she needs to change and let the stylist style her up without disturbing me, that's what she was thinking. I've to do something before she comes to know that we both weren't together. I've to say her to move-in to my room. That was the only way I have. I've to do it by today once we got back from the hotel.

I was waiting in the living room for her. Mom, dad, Venkat, Rahul, and his family already went to the hotel to welcome guests. The house was in the pin-drop silence. I heard a thud coming from the stairs. I thought that must be Anu but that was her stylist. She smiled at me and walked to the front door.

The time ticks by and my patience was dying. Even the stylist was gone and what the hell was she doing in that room. I took a step forward to go check her on before I heard the door close thud. I froze on the place where I was standing. I can't believe my own eyes. She was stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, and... oh god! I was running out of words for that. She was descending the stairs step by step as I was seeing her speechless. Her dark hair was tied in a messy bun and she was wearing a shoulder-less Oleg Cassini that exposed her bare skin which was glowing due to the light effects. That outfit is sticking on her like her second skin. The perfect curves in their right places. She was chubby as usual and perfect in her way. I'd no idea before that chubby girls are hot but she was the one who proved me wrong. I'd never forgotten to mention that she was hot without her specs.

She was standing in front of me staring at the floor, shy as usual. She was adjusting her dress up and down. She wasn't comfortable wearing that dress, I guessed. She was nervous that's when I realized that we hadn't talked that much before and after the wedding. I've to do something. I've been a stupid ass for her.

"You look beautiful, today," I said taking a step toward her. I also noticed that she took a step back from me. I was not surprised because she's not just any other girl I've known. She's Anushiya. Of course, she'd take her own time to get comfortable around me.

"Thanks" she whispered. Still didn't saw my face or my outfit. Her fists were clenched together holding her gown as if she was showing her nervousness and that's my due to letting her go. But I won't. I took a step forward again.

"How do I look?" I know the answer but I didn't have any other options to make her look at me and compliment me. This was my only chance, so. I also knew that I'd never asked for a compliment from people because they just already do it.

She tilted her head in slow motion as if we were in a shoot for a film. Her eyes wandered to meet my eyes. Once our gazes were fixed she took a deep breath before speak.

"You too" she finally said. That's it? That was all it? I'd expected more from her. Once she finished her sentence she ducked her head down, again.