chapter ten P2

"Devi?" I called her as taking a seat beside her.

"What darling?" she smiled.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

"Do you know what Arjun would like?" I asked looking away from her pretending I didn't ask anything.

"You mean?"

"Like favorite food?" I suggested. "Do you know what his Indian favorite food is?"

"Darling... I know you're trying to get to know him but he doesn't eat Indian foods more like he never ate one. He'd always complain to me whenever I eat Indian food especially in banana leaf." She said twitching her nose as if she was being mad at him for not letting her eat her favorite food.

I chuckled.

"Is that so?" I remembered the other day when I served him idli, sambar, and chutney, he ate everything I put it on his plate without any word. If he doesn't like eating food he could've told me or Alice to do some American foods. But he didn't! Did he think that I'd get hurt if he refuses my treat? That was so kind of him. I didn't tell her about that day because if I said that she might start teasing him for that. So I thought I better keep this way.

We heard a yawning sound from upstairs. And we look at each other for a moment as if we knew who's that'll be. That was Adam. He took a nap and now yawning again like a mountain monkey. I laughed to myself and let out a soft giggle.

"That's Adam," I told her. She knew who that was but I told her anyway.

"Yeah" she laughed. "It's his time to drink milk." She said as about to stand from the couch.

Before she could react I stood like fire and gave her an amazing smile and said, "I'll take care of that."

She nodded.

"Thanks, darling."

I went back to the kitchen where Alice was standing and cutting vegetables for dinner. I thought she was already busy and I'd make it by myself. Then I took a big glass from the cupboard and poured some milk into it, added some brown sugar in it, and mixed it well.

When I opened his room I was exclaimed, that a five-year-old kid can keep his room tidy? Wow, it was shinning out there. Once I entered the room I closed it behind me.

His room looks like an adult room more than the five-year-old kid should be. His room was painted black and white, the bed cover was white and the pillows were black. There were no toys but a 50" TV, a PC sitting on the table with the laptop and iPad beside it. There was everything a five-year-old kid shouldn't have.

"Hi! Anu." He shouted like he was excited. "What are you doing here?" he said, grinning. When his look shifted to the glass in my hand his grin fade away and worry preoccupied his face. "No... no... no!" now he shouted in irritation.

He slides out of his bed and started running toward his door. Now I got that reason for that faded smile. He doesn't like milk. Yes, no kid likes milk even I don't like it. How so poor this kid was but he must've drunk it because I won't accept my loss without even trying.

I smirked.

He sighed and shook his head. I like kids when they shook their heads with a pouting face. I love those kids more than anything.

I took a step toward him as he took a step backward. I was grinning at him.

When I reached for his shoulder he opened the door ran away from there. Without any second thought, I followed him outside. He was descending the stairs in a hurry as if he was followed by a king cobra. While descending the stairs I heard laughing voices from the kitchen. I turned my head to see the kitchen and saw Alice was laughing at me. I turned my head back to my way and started following him again. It remembered me of playing with my sister in India running, chasing, beating and laughing, together.