chapter six @NYC

Six

ANUSHIYA SMITH

While walking into the airport for the first time we were walking alone like nobody was there except either sidewall, only I and him and Charles. First of all, I thought, this way was nothing like they'd shown in movies it was more like private. When we turned right, two men wearing black suits started following us from nowhere. I was scared like was he going to kidnap me or going to murder me? He was walking faster than me. Of course! He was taller than me so he should be fast at walking, Arjun I'd say. I tried to keep up with his speed as two men from nowhere trying to catch up our speed.

Now, I was really confused, why were they following us?

As I walked behind him finally we get to see the sunlight on our skin. "Wow," I muttered under my breath as a little private jut was landed on the runway. I didn't expect that I was going to travel in that private jet until he walks towards it. He didn't even give a backward glance at me or anything.

First of all, who's he? What's his professional? And why I didn't come to know that he can afford a private jet? Amma or Jo didn't bother to mention this and why was that?

I didn't ask him anything as I sat across from him on that expensive leather seat. He took his laptop out and flicked opened and hid my face with that screen. I didn't mind. I was already looking outside views, anyway.

I was having thousands of questions on my mind but as usual, I didn't have a gut or reason to ask him.

Wearing a saree on the flight wasn't comfortable for me so I thought about changing into something comfortable. Thanks to the aunt, Devi who gave me a dress which I've to wear once after the jet took off. "Restroom?" I asked him, who gave me directions without looking away from his screen.

"Straight and left,"

Unfortunately aunt, Devi, and uncle, Steve told me that she needs some more time with her family in India for a couple of days and so was the uncle.

Once I finished changing I looked at myself in the mirror. Not bad. I was wearing denim jeans and a white t-shirt on top of that jacket. I freed my hair from those thousands of pins and pulled my hair back into a messy bun. I took off all the golden bangles from my hand and placed them into my bag safely. And I wore the sentimental golden bracelet that my appa presented me when I was studying high school. And finally, I wiped those paints that were painted on my face for photographs.

"You look like Priyanka Chopra, Anu!" Charles exclaimed, that makes me blush but not better enough to make my cheek pink.

When I got back to my seat I felt that someone was staring at me. From the corner of my eyes, I stare at Arjun for confirmation.

That was him!

His looks were surprised as I did something quite he didn't expect. His laptop closed as his hands were replaced where he just kept his laptop a, minutes ago. Suddenly my heartbeat was raising from ground to sky. I was also getting Goosebumps.

"Here," he pointed me an empty seat beside him. For a note, all the places were empty in that jet.

I stood without thinking but thought for a moment whether accept his offer or not. I thought what if was going to kill me because killing people who were sitting beside me was easier than killing the people who were sitting across from you. Within those seconds I put this mathematical, algebra, geometry calculation.

Just to sit beside him.

Once I sat comfortably on the chair, he cleared his throat as if he was going to advise me or something.

He leans forward from his chair. "Don't do anything stupid after we reached New York. And... don't answer to anyone how we get married and when we get married until I told you to." He told me with a stern voice and that makes me jump but I was good at control too. He saw that I was listening and didn't answer anything, "Huh?" he said as if I wasn't listening.

I don't know who'll ask me those questions. "Who'll ask?" I asked doubted. Then I went with, "Yeah, I understand." I whispered.

He gave me that good girl look on his face.

Just a gentle reminder...
If you like my work please support me by voting... Means a lot🥰
And do comment... Share your thoughts with me ✍️
Thank you❤