chapter thirteen P3

Arjun. It's Arjun. I attend the call as he asked me to and placed the phone near my ears as I stared at him and he at me, our gazes fixed. What I quite didn't understand was he was also holding his phone on his ears. At first I thought he was going to talk for me scold whoever were on the other side of my phone instead here he was staring into my eyes. I heard the uneven breath on the phone as I feeling it. I hung up the call.

"What's the problem?" he asked.

"Nah just wrong number," I told him.

"Don't believe in wrong numbers, they can even hack your phone with your number. Gimme your phone." I handed my phone over to him.

"Patters is "S" from bottom to top."

Once he unlocked my phone, he tapped something as I was trying to look in what he was trying to do.

"Here" he gave back my phone.

"Thanks."

"Nah, if you needs any help just call me," he turned to leave when I saw what he did, "Wait!" I shouted. He didn't turn around to look at me.

And then something clicks my brain, without any second thought I said, "Was that you? Was that you the whole time?" I blinked. In my recent missed calls-him, those mysterious call I've been getting from were none other than him? But why didn't he just come and talks to me?

His lips pressed into a line.

The whole time, that was him.

"I wanna share something_ no we both wanna spend time and get to know each other better. What about going out like a date." He said in hurt.

"First of all, we don't want to go on a date just to know us each other. Date doesn't decide who we are and how our characters are. My amma and appa had never went to any dates and still they know each other very well because they talk and spend a lot of times together, even though if he come late at night they'll have some bedtime talking about his day. So if you just wanna know each other better you've to do more than a just a date." I said.

There was a pause.

"Why didn't you save my number when I gave you on our engagement day?" his voice was stern, cheeks were turning into pink. He's going to kill me. But now days, I'm more than him.

"I know you know. But you want to hear from my voice, don't you?" I sighed. "I told you to cancel our engagement, remember? Told you!" There was a pause. "But you just didn't care about my decision. On that day I was...shattered into pieces. Hunting my first love journey came to an end and fell into you arranged marriage trap. How can you think to call a person who didn't care about your decision?" I said, relieved that I just through a ton weigh rock to the pond from my hand.

"Don't you even think about saving my number after our first date?"

"After that we both started spending time together so I never get a situation that wants to contact you." I said.

"Situation." He let out a laugh. "Do you even need a situation to talk to your husband?"

I was speechless.

"No-ah-o" my voice broke. "No that's not what I meant."

"You can say I love my husband to any stranger, practically on the other side of the phone but you can't say to me?" what? And that when I realized that what he was talking about, mall, Alice, lunch, stress, phone, shout, yes, I did shout through phone because I didn't know that was him on the other side.

"So, you do know that and still keeping your track away from mine." I snapped.

He thought for a minute what to say or how to defend himself.

"I needed time." he said.

"From what?"

"From everything. From my ex, post that I never wanted, my life, you!" he shouted.

"EX?"

"You know her the other day we went to Mr. Lee's party I drag you to?" I nodded. "And also the surprise proposal, that's her who he proposed to." She's really beautiful, probably than me then he told why she left him for MR. LEE. And also there is no wonder a gold digger can only dig from who has gold, isn't it? I really feel sorry for him. "Was she your first love?"

"No,"

"Then"

"I don't keep counts." He groaned.

"Because there are 1, 2, 3, countless," Charles cried from the hallway.