Babies

When he came back a little into the night, I had already prepared the environment for our movie. I didn't know which one we were going to watch, but I had asked Amir to bring soft drinks and some chips even though he had also made french fries and pasta on my request too. Positioning multiple cushions on the couch and giving the tv area a last touch, I went to the sliding doors and draped the curtains. Only if it was raining it would have been perfect.

You know what, scratch that. It would have appeared more romantic than just a perfect movie night, and as much I'd like that to happen, I'd rather it didn't. I didn't want him to get the impression that I indeed liked him only so he could distant himself again. I could give Agha Hasan that much for all that he was doing for me, and not force myself upon him.

He came in through the main door and stopped in his tracks, looking around the lounge. I gave him a stretched, cheesy smile as I was exiting the kitchen with a bowl of chips in my hands.

"What's up?" He asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Movie?" I reminded him, somewhat dubious now, wondering if he was going to ditch our plan. "You agreed."

"Right." He flicked his head down in a nod and started forward.

Placing the bowl down on the center table, I straightened up and as I turned to face him I called out to him. "Agha Hasan, it's okay if you're not in the mood. We could-"

"Nah, it's fine." He said airily with a wave of his hand. "You don't have to be in the mood to watch a movie. It develops your mood itself. So," he reached his room and stopped as he arched his body to look at me, " what are we watching?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We can decide it together."

"Very well. Let me just take a shower."

I bobbed my head in a nod. "Agha Hasan, may I order pizza?"

"By all means, go ahead. You don't have to ask for my permission for every little thing, Warda."

I quirked an eyebrow as my lips stretched up in an impish smile. "Really? The last I remember you were quite adamant on not even letting me go out of the house."

"You know why I did it." He gave me a look.

My smile fainted as I remembered the episodes of the entire last week, and my features loosened into an expression of shame. "I know." Giving a slow nod, I averted my gaze.

"Excused for a few minutes now?"

"Mhm."

He turned the knob, opened the door and walked in.

I went back to the kitchen and brought the dish of the fries, and the bottles of soft drinks with two glasses and set them on the table. Next I dialled the number and ordered pizza and then settled myself down on the couch and waited for him to join me.

We scrolled through the suggestions, reading the short descriptions below the movie titles, trying to find one of our interests. But when minutes kept rolling on and the clock kept ticking, he decided on trying a new series he'd been planning on watching for quite some time now, and subsequent to mentioning that it was a bit like Game of Thrones he asked if I was okay with it. Since I hadn't seen GoT, I told him I had no issue. How stupid.

Anywho, the moment the opening credits began to appear on the screen, the doorbell rang. His face morphed into an irritated scowl and I couldn't help but giggle as I stood up and rushed to the door. As expected it was the delivery boy with our ordered pizza. I took it from him and came back into the tv area. Placing the box on the table, I straightened up and looked at Agha Hasan expectantly.