Netflix and Chill

Hasan

The breakfast went as normally as it could have. Of course she was quiet, and obviously I had the idea that it was an unusual behaviour. Judging from all her past outbursts and antics, she had lost her bubbly charm. The glint in her eyes had faded, and what staying hungry for one day had done to her was quite visible from her thinned face and weak physique.

With her oval face, and swan like eyes that brimmed with emotions she resembled her father. Agha Zaman was a smart, graceful man and so was her daughter. Though the volumes of innocence reflecting from her face aroused a particular protective instinct in me, wanting to make sure she came back to her normal animated self - the one that was so full of vigor and mischief.

The fear that danced in her eyes though unsettled me. I wasn't a fool to know she was scared that I might want to proceed with things as a husband. I wished I could let her know without being blatantly obvious that I would never touch her. I'd rather never speak about our relationship out loud. I'm strictly against force and coercion. Plus, I was a lot older than her, and she deserved someone her age. Perhaps the person she liked.

Besides I had a feeling that this relationship wasn't going to stay intact for long.

As for me, well what would you expect from an alpha male who has been living alone for the past eight years. Of course I wanted and needed a companion, a partner to share my life with. I had been planning on getting married sooner, for this isolation from the family was eating me raw. I had been wanting to see other people in my house, laughters to bloom to bring back life in my despondent abode.

My luck though, this was what happened. A jovial and chirpy woman was my ideal kind, but not like this - not her.

---

I cried when I thought about that cursed night. I cried when I thought about Mama Jaan and Mohib. I cried when I came face front with the fact that Baba Jaan didn't trust me.

It was bizarre how a mere few minutes can turn your entire life down and there's nothing you can do to change it back the way it was. I could easily run away from this house, but there was no other place that I could crash. It was better to spend my days here than go about wandering the streets and risk getting killed, raped or worse sold off.

I prayed to Allah to make things easy for me. I didn't have any will or energy to do any research, so I didn't even come close to the laptop.

At night I was called once again for dinner. The table was already set, and when Agha Hasan removed the lid from the dish, I unconsciously pulled a face. Ladyfingers - the only food I disliked with passion. When I was younger, I used to go about wandering in the house with half cut lady fingers sticking to my forehead, and that's where my dislike for them had begun. Even uncooked they were that sticky.

To my embarrassment though, he had been looking at me at that moment for he immediately asked, "Do you not like these?"

I shook my head, refusing to meet his gaze.

"Did you have lunch?"

I shook my head once again, scratching the sides of the chair with my fingers. I couldn't for the life of me understand why he was being so nice, it was making me nervous.

"I told you to let Amir know what you wanted to eat, didn't I? I have my lunch at work, so Amir doesn't cook anything, but he's always ready to take orders." He said and added after a brief pause. "Don't skip your meals, it'll only weaken you, okay?"

"Jee." I mumbled, with my head still lowered and eyes at the table mat.

"What about pasta? Would you like that for now?"