[1]

a/n (sorry to put this at the start i know it's gross but it's so important)

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH
THIS STORY IS GOING TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY SO SENSE WITHOUT READING DECADES BETWEEN US DUE TO THE COMPLEX LORE, ID HIGHLY HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU READ THAT FIRST

I LOVE YOU ALL; HAPPY READING !
—————————————————-

Dream had met george two months ago at the zoo, the two had exchanged messages for the first three weeks before george just one day stopped replying.

Dream decided to go back to london, to spend some time there. He'd been there a few days now, staying in a different home he'd been renting in the outskirts of east london.

He stood looking out to the pond, a warmth over his cheeks yet a coldness in his heart as he remembered meeting george for the first time, the way he smiled and spoke so passionately about the ducks.

There weren't any ducks anymore
Just the pond, the park had overgrown and had been abandoned since, Dream had to get in over the gates. In his hand he held a mix of sweet corn and seeds looking out at the cold empty water, in the reflection of it for a second he was certain he saw george beside him. But he didn't, it was his mind.

He knew george was back, but the pain of your lover not remembering you was just too much to bare.

He wished george would reply to him, would atleast tell him where he was. Dream sighed leaving the parks He'd gone out of his way to visit here, he'd been renting a car though so it wasn't like he had to pay for busses, oyster cards were always a hassle.

He sat in the drivers seat, reaching to the side of the door taking out a pack of cigarettes, he put it between his lips throwing the pack down and grabbing a lighter, he lit it and opened the window slightly as he started the car.

He began to drive eventually reaching the A12, he never understood why britain had everything on the wrong side when it came to roads, the cold air rushed through the window hitting him, he eventually came to a nature reserve. He parked his car and began walking another cigarette had been lit, his fourth since he got in the car. It was a terrible habit he picked up after losing george, he was so sure he'd have him forever and then he just died in his arms.

He followed the dirt path leading into the woods, a path no longer beneath his feet. He found a fallen tree and sat on it.

There was a particular reason he'd chosen east london this time, the parakeets.

East london had wild parakeets, a mass amount especially in the outskirts. The reserve was a key place to find them.

They were loud birds, they moved in flocks. It was rare to see two alone usually more than three. But today in the corner of his eye in a large tree a blue and green one were sat beside eachother gently nuzzling into eachothers feathers, it was a strange action for the birds to be doing. They weren't meant to be coupling up yet.

"of everyone, i least expected to see you here mr florida"